What tree is this

Gary Watson

I am new to this forum and just learning my trees. I am stuck on this one though. It is about 30 mts tall, shapped a bit like an elm, kind of silver birch bark at the bottom, but as you go up the tree it has rings around it close together and the rings are like ridges (positive). The foliage you can see is nothing to do with this tree, it is bare. Can anyone help.

I am down in south devon near the coast if that helps and the tree is in a wood that is occupied with beach and elm mainly

20140103_110758.jpg.6fb06275fcc916e159f32b73093d05df.jpg

Tree.jpg.45dda9ae2ad1d1eabda94ce6af95f563.jpg

Edited by Gary Watson

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going back to the woods tomorrow, i will try to get a decent shot of the canopy but with the other trees so close and mixing with it, i should think it would be difficult to pick it out with a photo, but lets try. Its difficult aswell to pick out the dead leaves on the ground cause they are mixed in with everything else. I will see if i can find Aspen leaves underneath.