Land Rover Defender 110 single or double cab tipper?

Ian88

I need to get my self a specific tree work 4x4 at some point. Recently got the landy bug and took a 110 out for a test drive. We have an L200 on the farm that I have used from time to time over the last few years. thinking about a 110 Tipper. My budget is 9-14k and I am not set on the landy!

I would ideally have the twin cab for the extra secure storage and seats but don't know if that leaves enough usable space for the chip box. Any thoughts on this? I think that you end up with a depth of about 140cm but I am not sure on that . . .

Single cab looks great with plenty of space in the back for a tipper and tool storage box behind the cab. I am just not sure how I feel about the cab being so small. I need the option off 3 seats and would like to be able to at least fit a tool kit and first aid kit in the cab as I wouldn't want to leave any gear in the tool area for an extended time.

Thank you

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to get my self a specific tree work 4x4 at some point. Recently got the landy bug and took a 110 out for a test drive. We have an L200 on the farm that I have used from time to time over the last few years. thinking about a 110 Tipper. My budget is 9-14k and I am not set on the landy!

I would ideally have the twin cab for the extra secure storage and seats but don't know if that leaves enough usable space for the chip box. Any thoughts on this? I think that you end up with a depth of about 140cm but I am not sure on that . . .

Single cab looks great with plenty of space in the back for a tipper and tool storage box behind the cab. I am just not sure how I feel about the cab being so small. I need the option off 3 seats and would like to be able to at least fit a tool kit and first aid kit in the cab as I wouldn't want to leave any gear in the tool area for an extended time.

Thank you

Hi Ian do not think a twin carb is secure storage for saws are anything like that I wish you well in your search but you may be better off going to look for one and doing your own conversion thanks John

Yeh, dont mind if i get some one to do the conversion or I get some thing with it done. Got my eyes on a nice 110 single cab at a landrover specalist 10mins away that would need converting. Yeh, supose nothing is safe if it can be seen, for the times when you pop in a shop or into a house would in cab storage feel more secure or can you make up a secure out of cab storage to avoid some one gra bing gear!?

Yeh, dont mind if i get some one to do the conversion or I get some thing with it done. Got my eyes on a nice 110 single cab at a landrover specalist 10mins away that would need converting. Yeh, supose nothing is safe if it can be seen, for the times when you pop in a shop or into a house would in cab storage feel more secure or can you make up a secure out of cab storage to avoid some one gra bing gear!?

Hi IAN I no someone that had saws in back of there twin cab and am only in the shops for five minutes but they nicked the souls so were going steady thanks John

Hi there ive used various tipper landys with various back

110 with through box . Not much room for gear . Or chipping . Had a brown church roof rack on cab

130 single cab large chip box side boxes full lenght of side doors. Again roof rack over cab

130 double cab removed seats and fitted mesh cage / storage in rear but chip body small and yes roof rack .

190 double cab removed seats and fitted mesh cage/ storage in rear chip body ok . Bit long

but ive seen a company in main land uk that can make a king cab landy (nene overland ) so it may be worth looking into . Or try foley they do special 130 conversions .

Just for some out there ive worked in a few tree firms so had fun driving the above . All had there plus and minus

Hi you can easily fit a 3rd seat in the cab once centre box is removed a roof rack on top of the cab is a option I have a single cab 54 plate I do a lot of off road so a transit tipper is no good for me,I recently posted some pics of mine on show us your trucks,vans forum have a look my landy is not a tipper but I pull a tipper trailer good luck finding your kit.