Flaming Firewood Fairies

TGB

Wouldn't mind taking a flame to some of these.

Yesterday I was in the woodland I'd recently made a beech safe in. The owner is away for a month and will collect up rounds etc. when she gets back. So I just stacked them up by the side of the path.

Now to get to her place, you have to go along 2-3mls. of dead-end road. And the beech is another 3/4 mile down a rough track. The main gate is freely accessible by her neighbours, who she allows to ride their horses. There's a small gate at the far end, which leads eventually to a farm.

On the way up the road, I kept seeing the bits of split wood, which had evidently fallen from a truck. As I passed the beech on my way to another tree, there was split wood in piles of nets awaiting collection. So either her neighbours have been helping themselves to more than a bit of kindling or the fairies have come from further afield. Not much I could do. But whoever had split and netted the wood, will now have to search for their ill gotten gains. And since it's now been transported to her place, which is separate from the woodland, I doubt that they'll find it. Now there's a lot more wood thereabouts but at least some of it will be burnt in the correct stove.

So much for open access and good neighbours.

Edited by TGB

I had my first experience of the fairies last week. A local farmer has felled an oak and asked if I wanted it for turning.... Hell yes I says. Now I only have a domestic trailer so I cut and hauled as much as I could over two days then had to return to work. The few logs left were around 3` diameter and a good few feet long, certainly too big to manually move. I returned 3 days later and.... nothing, again like TGB this was not in open view and there were no tire marks or fresh saw dust, so I can only assume the Fairies just flew it away!!!!!!!!!

I hauled a 3 draw filing cabinet out of my mates skip last Sunday. Ideal for a tool drawer methinks, mate was happy to free up a bit of space in the skip.

I jumped in, emptied it and sat it beside the skip. Finished the dog walk, returned 10 mins later in the van to pick it up and there it was! Gone!!

Who'd have thought it?