Hook loader trailer?

thelogstores

Hi lads,

Had a good idea, i think?

Due to doing more and more timber collections with the fastrac I've come up with the idea of buying a hook loader trailer.

Which I think will reduce my trailer running costs because I would only be running I chassis with skips. Instead of a lowloader dump trailer and a timber trailer.

Also I could drop a skip on a job and leave my lads to load a it while I go to another, or could have a faster turn arround when traveling far.

Soo what do you think?

Dose any one run one of these trailers?:thumbup:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides there weight as noted above

you are also limited mostly to Bigab, Stronga and Krampe for off the self Hook loader trailers and with the weak pound vs. the euro are very costly new

also the larger ones have quite a large oil drain capacity to tip fully vs. a normal tipper trailer.

Yeah thats the only down side i can see altough if you get a 14tonne BIGAB the chassis only 2.5ton, plus a skip tho. but at the min i have a 14ton herbst lowloader with bolsters and thats heavy. its swings and roundabouts i think.

the standard 14tonne BIGAB the chassis may be only 2.5ton BUT that’s the low-speed one, to get it to fastrac speeds you need extras that add weight, also the same size Stronga and Krampe ones are near 4 tonnes just for the chassis.

On a tractor it takes up a lot of room, and trying to find that kind of gap outside a job on a street isnt always practical. I fancy a little 7.5tonner cargo version. David on here has one for his mog, i climbed for him on a job last week and he just ran the dumper full of beech straight onto it, very handy indeed. And guess how he got the 3 tonner and dumper there lol.

i used to drive a 3220 fastrac with a hookloader designed for the army by richard western or bunnings, weighed loads but built like a tank. surprisingly didnt cut the ground up too much as it was on wide tyres and it lifted more on the hook than anything else i have ever seen.

like others have said its not ideal for roadside work due to the length of it all but if you got the space then why not, save yourself a fortune on consumeable trailer parts like tyres and brakes.

i used to drive a 3220 fastrac with a hookloader designed for the army by richard western or bunnings, weighed loads but built like a tank. surprisingly didnt cut the ground up too much as it was on wide tyres and it lifted more on the hook than anything else i have ever seen.

like others have said its not ideal for roadside work due to the length of it all but if you got the space then why not, save yourself a fortune on consumeable trailer parts like tyres and brakes.

:confused1: How??????????????

If he is doing the same number of miles with one trailer the brakes and tyres will just wear out faster, with three trailers they will last years.