Timberwolf or Greenmech?

Richard

Hi

I’m thinking of starting my own business soon, so in the process of creating a business plan. I need a small chipper about 4" I’ve been looking at the Timberwolf TW 18/100G and the Greenmech CS 100 which one? and how much do they cost i cant find the greenmech anywhere. Or are there any other chippers out there that would do the job.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Edited by Richard

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeerrrmm Vermeer? maybe. wouldn't touch Greenmech with a barge pole. Timberwolf ok I suppose. Vermeer made by americans who have been doing this far longer than us.

Do you really want a 4" chipper. Go for something more substantial, it will save you time and money as it will work faster and use less fuel.

Edited by redmoosefaction
spelling

there both good chippers but to be honest i would go a bit bigger as running at max capacity all the time will kill em and you will soon be looking to go a bit bigger, go for a 5 or 6" tow behind if you want it to last and last a while.....

just my opinion mind.

Eeerrrmm Vermeer? maybe. wouldn't touch Greenmech with a barge pole. Timberwolf ok I suppose. Vermeer made by americans who have been doing this far longer than us.

Do you really want a 4" chipper. Go for something more substantial, it will save you time and money as it will work faster and use less fuel.

Why wouldnt you touch greenmech with a barge pole then:confused1: there better built than timberwolf. Vermeer are good but not perfect by any means.

Thanks Guys

I'm only starting off small I won’t be taking on huge dismantling jobs mostly cleaning, reductions and thinning work etc so would a 4" be ok the rest I want to be for log production for extra cash anyway just want to get rid of the green stuff.

Edited by Richard