• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros

Very strong has lifted everything I've asked of it including big oak butts

Good value - a lot cheaper than big Scandinavian trailers

Dealing with a UK manufacturer so spares advice good

Relatively simple design so easy to maintain, repair etc.

Each one made to order so can specify features i.e. 4 wheel brakes etc.

Cons

Quite top heavy, I've had mine over a few times, you have to be careful when the trailer is empty.

Hoses a bit exposed

Position of hydraulic filter on King post reservoir means you can't change the filter without draining all the oil

My valve block has a very slight leak which drips hydraulic oil into the cab - annoying but not a big problem. I have some replacement o-rings but I am reluctant to strip out block

Support legs drop slightly from upright when left for any length of time - someone else I know who has a Botex trailer also has this problem - mine might be linked to valve block leak.

Some of the grease points are a pig to get at

I have a 570 on 11 tonne Euro trailer. I've moved thousands of tonnes with it in the woods and it's never really let me down.

Cheers

Nick

HI TCD so what trailer do you use then mate thanks jon :thumbup:

None at the moment as I'm using a purpose-built but otherwise my mate has a Nokka or Farmi. Kronos and Moheda are also quality. Neither are as lumpy as a botex for sure but for neatness and design integrity they are better imo.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Nick i have yet to see hydraulics that don't leak somewhere, my old crane is an embarrassment it leaves puddles every where.:lol: Its the lift i need for oak extraction and i like the price compared to other units with the same lift TCD the legs look weak though wonder how a big binderberger stacks up against the botex for lift and quality and a drive trailer would be handy but a luxury.

Nick i have yet to see hydraulics that don't leak somewhere, my old crane is an embarrassment it leaves puddles every where.:lol: Its the lift i need for oak extraction and i like the price compared to other units with the same lift TCD the legs look weak though wonder how a big binderberger stacks up against the botex for lift and quality and a drive trailer would be handy but a luxury.

Binderberger quality looked really good but price for a ten ton unit was £24k.

Have a look at Vreten, crane is impressive, probably too big for the trailer we have but there is nothing it has not lifted yet.

I liked the look of the KTS trailers but they don't appear to have a UK importer and I didn't fancy a private import.

K.T.S Forestry Equipment

As regards Botex trailers in the woods, I can't really comment as I've only ever used mine and a small Farma trailer which certainly didn't impress me. One day i will probably upgrade to a bigger drive trailer or a small purpose built. However, I know of half a dozen other contractors or private estates near me using Botex trailers for genuine forestry extraction so they can't be that bad.

Whatever you use remember to put both legs up before you drive off!!! And before anyone takes the p1ss I know for a fact I'm not the only one who's done this.

Nick

yep done that before with the legs and had the trailer on its side when i forgot to put the legs down:confused1: but i have never done either again.:biggrin: I looked at the KTS when you posted about them some time ago. they look strong but a crane max lift at 1 meter is misleading in real terms as its so close in that its not possible to lift in that arc. Has the botex yet to refuse a piece of wood and how big was the oak you showed it?