Sticky Karabiner

Tom2020

Been out for a little free climb today and noticed that one of my Karabiner the gate was staying open i would have to push the gate closed Tryed giving it a clean that dident help All my others are ok They are less then 2month hold Thinking of getting in touch with gustharts as that's where i got them from any idea chaps

Karabiner

DMM Sentinel HMS Locksafe Karabiner

dmm-sentinel-karabiner-250.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are greased with a silicone grease that likes to colelct dirt, i have some of these but bought two to always stay with my saw as they are completely different to my others.

I find a bit of brake part and clutch cleaner works ok if they are really dirty as it helps to clean the grease a little bit, other than that WD40 has worked too.

if you hold it under some warm water and fairy liquid and open the gate and let it snap shut some of the gunk and crap will work its way out

once youve cleaned it and your happy that its dry use graphite powder to lubricate the mechanism.

you can get it from some arb suppliers or autobitz etc

you need to use a dry lube not a wet one like oil or wd

Best tell a very large training organisation this info, they say either dry or WD, on their Loler inspectors courses

Been out for a little free climb today and noticed that one of my Karabiner the gate was staying open i would have to push the gate closed Tryed giving it a clean that dident help All my others are ok They are less then 2month hold Thinking of getting in touch with gustharts as that's where i got them from any idea chaps

Karabiner

DMM Sentinel HMS Locksafe Karabiner

dmm-sentinel-karabiner-250.jpg

Stick karabiner? Mmmmmmm

just how excited where you with your shiny new purchase? Haha