Thieving scum!

18 stoner

Just a bit of a rant really, and not arb related, but as some might know i am presently rebuilding a V8 County Land Rover.

I have bought just about everything needed to rebuild, having totally stripped the old one, got a new chassis galvanised and now its all reay to start the build.

Sometime over the weekend, some very kind people relieved me of the most valued bits, like new doors etc.

These guys knew what they were after, having sifted through other parts to get the fittings for the items they pinched. On this occasion i will stick up for the "pikey or gypo" guys, this was someone who really knows landys!

One of the most upsetting parts to it is, the landy is at my parents, and of course this has upset an elderly couple, wondering if they will come back etc.

Anyway, no particular point to me posting the topic other than to let you know how how narked i am, and each time something like this happens, makes you realise what world we live in!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much guns, mate... dogs! I don't care what ya'll say about dogs, I would HAVE THEM. Two or three on the property would pay for themselves in no time flat.

Dogs are no problem ,repeated nightly visits with a slingshot and a hand full of ball bearings, sorts your dogs, so i've been told...:thumbsdown:

The problem with this society is if you catch them and teach them a lesson it will be you that is facing a criminal court hearing, this country sucks for the victims. I know what I would do if I ever caught anyone stealing my stuff, and as you say it is more upsetting knowing your parents are frightened they might come back. Scum of the earth and dregs of society and no less..

Just a bit of a rant really, and not arb related, but as some might know i am presently rebuilding a V8 County Land Rover.

I have bought just about everything needed to rebuild, having totally stripped the old one, got a new chassis galvanised and now its all reay to start the build.

Sometime over the weekend, some very kind people relieved me of the most valued bits, like new doors etc.

These guys knew what they were after, having sifted through other parts to get the fittings for the items they pinched. On this occasion i will stick up for the "pikey or gypo" guys, this was someone who really knows landys!

One of the most upsetting parts to it is, the landy is at my parents, and of course this has upset an elderly couple, wondering if they will come back etc.

Anyway, no particular point to me posting the topic other than to let you know how how narked i am, and each time something like this happens, makes you realise what world we live in!

Sorry to hear this 18 Stoner!

Can you or your parents claim on insurance?

I know what I would do if I caught anyone thieving from me......and I would probably get done for it.

I always think that 'what goes aroung comes around' they'll get theirs