*Attempted Theft - Chelmsford Essex*

Daniel Jiggins

Just a heads up While working at Margaretting today had 3 traveller type turn up and try and get in my tool locker while one of them was trying to distract me very aggressively, unfortunately i was on my own but luckily managed to get the rest of my gear in the cab and locked. I was very lucky not to lose anything. Police arrived within miniutes but so far not tracked the vehicle down.

They were in a petrol blue ford transit medium wheelbase panel van reg: T665 JAU

Thanks for the warning!

If they had not put up signs saying number plate recognition cameras in this area and just used the cameras, people upto nefarious activities would be less likely to use false plates, which inturn would lead to more being caught.

If they wanted to stop false plates they would stop t'internet selling them or get them to pass all details to plod.

Glad you kept your kit intact,and thanks for the heads up,a mate of mine had an agressive theft carried out in Danbury last week,dont know what the motor details were.

All my kit goes int the job with me,chain & lock through the handles of the saws etc on exposed jobs.

I have noticed alot more lately around south essex, its a shame really they wonder why people dont like them stealing from tradesmen is a disgrace :thumbdown:

I'm jumpy at the moment...had an attempted break in to my garage last week(waltham Abbey)...

Keep a look out everyone especially if the manage to evict that well known camp near Basildon