storing nets in vented bags outdoors

kindlett

I left some empty log nets outdoors, the UV from the sun made them fall apart... This was over a summer. There will of course be less UV in the winter, but I would try and keep as much light off them as possible just in case. My vented log bags have not suffered from UV outside. I guess the vented bags will let some UV through. The other thing to watch out for is shrinkage. A log net filled with unseasoned logs might not look completely full once the logs have seasoned and shrunk a bit.

It might be worth asking your log net supplier if the log nets can cope with UV and if so for how long. Some products have UV stabilisers built in to protect against UV but this normally makes them a bit more expensive.

The other thing to watch out for is shrinkage. A log net filled with unseasoned logs might not look completely full once the logs have seasoned and shrunk a bit.

I tried this with green sycamore once. Had to re-open and add more to each bag 6 months later. Was a pita.