Not quiet firewood but related ...

Lloyd--

I'm putting in new system and have talked to lot of people over last few months

A lot of people have said that the high tech systems have failed to coe up with the goods

A girl in dorset had the whole caboodle, ground heat, solar panels , woodburner with backboiler , accumulator tank etc etc

After 2 years struggle she has ripped the whole lot out and settled on a woodburner with an accumulator tank whch she says works perfectly......

Another girl has done the same, except the accumulator tank is in a cupboard in her bedroom, she says the room is now too hot and she is having the accumulator ripped out and going for simple woodburner + backboiler feeding into the central heating system

I'm going for simple woodburner + backboiler + central heating system .....

After looking round a lot I'm putting alpha 3 woodburner in, best local price was colour supplies wrexham but thereis essex company £15 cheaper -- the woodburner seems well built and has excellent reviews, but time will tell if right descision....

I tried to get my head around grant systems, but they all seemed to increase price from £4k ish to £15k and salesmen will tell you anything

Has anyone seen this kind of set up in use in a closed / pressurised heating system??

There's nowhere to store hot water in the pressurised systems, a friend of mine looked into it and all the plumbers/heating engineers he tried told him to just use a fire to heat his room and leave the door open to circulate the heat.

I set my system up with an unvented radiator circuit. I put an expansion vessel and a 3 bar blowoff valve in and never had any issues. I'm not a plumber though so don't take my advice.

Why do you want to use a pressurised system? If it's to work with a combi boiler then running the same water through the back boiler is a bad idea, a heat exchanger and two seperate systems is a much better idea.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm putting in new system and have talked to lot of people over last few months

A lot of people have said that the high tech systems have failed to coe up with the goods

A girl in dorset had the whole caboodle, ground heat, solar panels , woodburner with backboiler , accumulator tank etc etc

After 2 years struggle she has ripped the whole lot out and settled on a woodburner with an accumulator tank whch she says works perfectly......

Another girl has done the same, except the accumulator tank is in a cupboard in her bedroom, she says the room is now too hot and she is having the accumulator ripped out and going for simple woodburner + backboiler feeding into the central heating system

I'm going for simple woodburner + backboiler + central heating system .....

After looking round a lot I'm putting alpha 3 woodburner in, best local price was colour supplies wrexham but thereis essex company £15 cheaper -- the woodburner seems well built and has excellent reviews, but time will tell if right descision....

I tried to get my head around grant systems, but they all seemed to increase price from £4k ish to £15k and salesmen will tell you anything

Pretty bad if you would buy off a company from Essex to save £15 as opposed to buying local. If you had a problem and went back to the local dealer I hope he would tell you where to stick £15:)

I set my system up with an unvented radiator circuit. I put an expansion vessel and a 3 bar blowoff valve in and never had any issues. I'm not a plumber though so don't take my advice.

Why do you want to use a pressurised system? If it's to work with a combi boiler then running the same water through the back boiler is a bad idea, a heat exchanger and two seperate systems is a much better idea.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm pretty sure my dad runs a Esse wood burning cooker and separate wood burner, both with back boilers into his pressurised system, without issue, he's no plumber, but a pretty clued up old dude.

Went to local companies

Didn't like attitude at saxon in oswestry .....

Was in wrexham buying paint and saw they sold woodburners liked one a lot

Came home and checked reviews which seemed 100% not going to buy without reading reviews, checked prices and bought locally

Just saying they can be bought slightly cheaper .....but went local

I'm not rich enough to waste money......

Went to local companies

Didn't like attitude at saxon in oswestry .....

Was in wrexham buying paint and saw they sold woodburners liked one a lot

Came home and checked reviews which seemed 100% not going to buy without reading reviews, checked prices and bought locally

Just saying they can be bought slightly cheaper .....but went local

I'm not rich enough to waste money......

Fair play, I'm just saying sometimes cheap isn't always best, when I bought my 550 cog I could of save about £50 getting it from Jonsie, but I bought it local because if there is a problem I can take it in and deal with them face to face and not have to send it back and pay for postage or get attitude off my local dealer as to why I don't take the saw back to where I bought it.

I have wood burning stove with back boiler,that I would love to use to heat the house.

Could anybody point me in the right direction to fit it into my centralheatingsystem.

The house has a old type system with a tank fitted with a coil.

Could I use the the back boiler like a radiator in reverse?