Flipping rain..... Leaky roof question

blades

dont do it !! a mate of mine was working on a site as a chippy last year where a joiner decided to fil the gaps round the fire door frames with expanding foam !! they came in the next day to find the frmes without doors in then had bowed and on the verge of snapping on the sides and the ones that did have doors were not openable without the use of a sledge hammer

Ok. Expanding foam is ok. Exept you really don't need to put a lot in. It really expands over double it original size. I would do a small amount then figure it out and add more if needed.

I wouldn't use it on a door frame or window frame for that matter.

The foam if used too much will push the tin up and away.

Can you not just buy the foam fillers. They do them in nearly every DIY shop.

Leaky roof?

if thats your problem you could create a bead drip, just use a silicone gun and put a thin bead where ever you need to redirect the water.

expanding foam is ok for stopping wind and maybe water, but wont stop ingress, if you are to use just gauge the right amount and don't be over zealous or you may have lifts in places that cause more issues.

Give nu style a shout to get the foam fillers or if you want to use expanding foam give us a shout and il lend you my gun as it's cheaper to buy them than the others. If you know how to work the gun you can use it to fix almost anything I'd hate to count how many PVC windows and doors I've fixed and sealed with foam

Give nu style a shout to get the foam fillers or if you want to use expanding foam give us a shout and il lend you my gun as it's cheaper to buy them than the others. If you know how to work the gun you can use it to fix almost anything I'd hate to count how many PVC windows and doors I've fixed and sealed with foam

Hi Craig... Thanks for that. I'll get the picture to you assuming the rain stays off for a moment?? :thumbup1:

On the subject of condensation problems with steel roofs.... I was wondering if any of you guys have tackle this?

I'm thinking of removing the steel roofing, board over the purlins with sarking board then use a moisture membrane of some sort before putting the steel roofing back on.

I am assuming this would eliminate any condensation on the underside of the tin? But, if it didn't the sarking would not be affected as it would be protected by the membrane?

I'm interested to know how you have dealt with this?

Thanks in advance :thumbup1: