Does this tree need to come down?

flatyre

This tree is in the school grounds next to my house, its about a metre and a half off the telegraph pole which leads to my house, and will most likely fall into my lane blocking me in. The education board has a contract with another firm so I wouldn't get the job, just don't want it taking the electric out. Both the school and my house are on a hill. The tree is about six metres north west of my house which is where most of the wind comes from, so if it came down it would probably hit the house as well. I pointed it out to one of the teachers, question is should I be concerned enough to contact the education board?

ash%201_zpsohtknvbw.png

ash%203_zps6cxuff7z.png

ash%202_zps8tbqollf.png

ash%201_zpsohtknvbw.png

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tree is in the school grounds next to my house, its about a metre and a half off the telegraph pole which leads to my house, and will most likely fall into my lane blocking me in. The education board has a contract with another firm so I wouldn't get the job, just don't want it taking the electric out. Both the school and my house are on a hill. The tree is about six metres north west of my house which is where most of the wind comes from, so if it came down it would probably hit the house as well. I pointed it out to one of the teachers, question is should I be concerned enough to contact the education board?

ash%201_zpsohtknvbw.png

ash%203_zps6cxuff7z.png

ash%202_zps8tbqollf.png

ash%201_zpsohtknvbw.png

First impression would be to get rid....but secondary view would be a reduction...still quite a bit of life in it. So a reduction would still keep the tree but take away most of the trouble it would cause if and when it does go...depends on if T P O and or on conversation area and what the local tree officer advises.

If the electric board get their nits on it they'll probably knock the top right out leaving a bean stick as its been hacked about already. I think it may be best to fell

Oohh that's harsh....hope none of them are reading this...shame on you knocking fellow workers :fight::thumbup::thumbup:

If the electric board get their nits on it they'll probably knock the top right out leaving a bean stick as its been hacked about already. I think it may be best to fell

How would they have gone about doing the job we done yesterday.....shut the road for an hour:confused1:

How would they have gone about doing the job we done yesterday.....shut the road for an hour:confused1:

Closed for 2 days. Had a nice little back hander of 20% from the traffic cone supplier who would charge the highways £1.60 per cone per day. The cones will be placed 6inches apart. Length of area to be coned at least 1 mile . Sounds about right to you :lol::lol:

Hard to tell from the photo. but from a power line point of view, the clearance isn't sufficient (not statuary clearance), and from a safety point of view they would still be concerned even its out side of there statuary clearance.

Again hard to tell, but it may require a shut down on the power line.

I would interested to see when the tree was last inspected and what has been record for it, hard to say if its unsafe, but given the fact of the large defect, close proximity to the overhead power line, possible high target area in the school, and its not greatest shape I wouldn't have many concerns about removing the tree.

No reason why the school and kids cant plant a new tree else?