How to stop a thief

simonm

I know their has been threads on here regarding keeping kit safe but after hearing of more and more stuff getting stolen thought id put my take on the subject. Keeping your tackle in a garden shed is NOT a secure place, neither is leaving it in the back of a van, landy etc. We always empty the van after work after catching scum on cctv looking through the windows, their is snotty old waterprofs inside and that's it. To stop a thief you have to think like 1! how would you break in? where would you look for stuff? locks locks and more locks! lights, cameras, Lock boxes bolted to the floor with extra locks welded and shielded, chains through saw handles, ground anchors etc. i got told that the key to not getting stuff nicked is to make your tackle look harder to steal than the next mans! I i know that if they are determined then they are going to get in, but you wanna make the bast*r#s work hard for their money!

Don't leave gear unattended on site, a chain on the cab floor and through saw handles is a good deterrent. Most scum bags who steal while your on site are opportunistic and are praying you forgot to lock the van, or left a saw for 30 secs while you get something. Its a Ball ache keeping your eye on stuff and faffing with locks but worth it if you get 1 over the thieving gits :thumbup1:

A mate of mine constantly leaves his van unlocked on site with stuff inside, or leaves blowers on the path while he goes in the back garden to drag some brash. Then wonders why his stuff has got nicked :sneaky2:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic