Chinese chainsaws out and about in north east

rovers90

Mate of mine bought not one but two Chinese chainsaws off an Irishman in a transit who called at the yard he was working in!! They are orange and white and look like a Stihl and have a 20 inch bar. He paid £120 each, why I have no idea!!!

Watch out!!

Yep I had a navara on Irish plates turn up on my drive the other week trying to sell me one of these, he had about 20 of them. Every time I told him how crap they were he would knock £20 off, he got down to £60 in the end! I laughed and sent him on his way

Edit: oh and then he tried to sell me some socks lol

i had them stop outside mine

to be sure to be sure they were orange and white one even had ms380 on the side...utter rubbish.

But if that is what ***** "tree services/scrap collectors" use then it does go some way to explaining the butchery i have witnessed round my way recently!!

Yep I had a navara on Irish plates turn up on my drive the other week trying to sell me one of these, he had about 20 of them. Every time I told him how crap they were he would knock £20 off, he got down to £60 in the end! I laughed and sent him on his way

Haha, i'm sure i had this guy trying to pressure my dad into buying one just b4 xmas. He had just started the thing when i turned up. Claimed we had to buy it now he had started it up as they wouldnt let him back on the ferry with it.:lol:

But my dad did buy some socks.:lol:

Mate of mine bought not one but two Chinese chainsaws off an Irishman in a transit who called at the yard he was working in!! They are orange and white and look like a Stihl and have a 20 inch bar. He paid £120 each, why I have no idea!!!

Watch out!!

It sounds like the same Irish man we had 'round trying to sell us saws, "they're stihl, but they don't say stihl on them. Made in Switzerland".

"Funny that", I said,

"why wouldn't they say Stihl on them? And I think stihl are made in Germany anyway, but by the look of that choke lever, these look like a copy of a husqvarna, which are swedish."

Not a very convincing salesman, just VERY persistent!

It sounds like the same Irish man we had 'round trying to sell us saws, "they're stihl, but they don't say stihl on them. Made in Switzerland".

"Funny that", I said,

"why wouldn't they say Stihl on them? And I think stihl are made in Germany anyway, but by the look of that choke lever, these look like a copy of a husqvarna, which are swedish."

Not a very convincing salesman, just VERY persistent!

Definitely made in Germany, in Waiblingen. I drive past the factory two or three times a week. I've heard that Stihl has had problems with espionage in the past where almost exact knock-off duplicates of their products have come out on the Chinese market BEFORE the real saws were released in Europe.

Seems like they`ve moved on from the dodgy generators then :sneaky2: