MS201T loosing its virginity

josharb87

Used the new topper today on an oak crane fell. . . its alright, nothing amazing

a bit more grunt maybe

sometimes stutters a bit when suddenly apply throttle, might just need bedding in

quieter

bigger

we all think its heavier

smaller combi spanner :thumbdown: the small end is the same size which releases the side cover nut, but the bigger size normally for side cover and spark is smaller than bigger saws, a pain as you cant use the new spanner to adjust other stihl saws

smoother power

It may be a new saw, but does the same job as the old ones

59765b7ad9ce2_craneoak012.jpg.00212b0d307c79e75a6fac7695be2c7b.jpg

59765b7addc79_craneoak010.jpg.df5c53cefe9b06536258d98a6f0734f4.jpg

59765b7ec7310_craneoak009.jpg.1f8a198c673b2741dd8bd3a03aa92b23.jpg

59765b7f79bf4_craneoak008.jpg.23a50df706e06e097db029c920281442.jpg

59765b7f7e81b_craneoak007.jpg.1df90f44fc241597eafed1ef7934ddb9.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diferent combi !

Now that's just annoying :(

Right with you there stevie... imagine the pain in the butt while looking for it, when you only have 1 of them and all you can find is the other universal types that work on all other saws except your new shiny 201 with an extra slack chain that you cant tighten cos you cant find the right combi key!:sneaky2::thumbdown:

You can just use the old style ones for chain tension, I built my new 201 and didn't use the new spanner

Ah ok now i read your post again i see its the small end thats the same and works for side casing :blushing:

so whats with the big end then is it a different size spark plug like Mesterh says?:confused1:

having spent all weekend picking it up and looking and trying to find issues. I can say that stihl have really convinced me and collegues on it. I did see the combi spanner in the stihl presentatoin and thought thats odd but a captive nut is a good idea IMO.

havent used it yet and not sure when I will but just from feeling it it feels and looks like a good saw.

... a captive nut is a good idea IMO.

Yes the captive nut is good. But why not just make it the same size as the captive nut on the MS 261, which is the same size as the bar nut on every other Stihl saw out there? There MUST have been a good reason for the size change.

I'd actually like to see a combi spanner that fits buth old style and 201T bar nuts. Whenever I need to remove spark plug, I'd be happy to look in my car for a different spanner.