ms880

burrell_

rite just a quick Q now iv bin told by 3 or 4 people there are problems with the 880 that they dont last long and one was a stihl rep i no.

can i have feed back form people that own them and use them as its alot off money to be burning

cheers for any feed back martin

Not heard that one before.......I have an 088 that is 10 y.o and as good as ever. I have tiotal faith in it. Weird. I would have one over the 3120husky (i am not brand loyal, i have stihl and husky) depending on what you want it for. Suffice to say i know more people who have 88's than 3120s.

It is alot of money....its also a lot of saw. Would an 066 not suffice- awesome tool and well proven. Unless you need a 48" bar i cant see the point in the mega heavy thing.

They can shake a few nuts and bolts loose, but mine is now "retired" but in general good order and is about 12 years old and has been lent out to several other firms who used and abused it - it still works (no pun intended!)

The only prob i've heard with the new 880 is if you don't give it a good run in on tick over (2 full tanks worth apparently) they tend to build up too much carbon on the spark plug. Easily fixed by changing it tho. Just what i was told tho, i have an 088 and shes probably 8 years old runs like a dream. Infact i prefer using it to my lighter 395xp.

I have an 880 think its about 4 years old, no problems so far. if you can get away with a 660 stick with that, the thing with the 660 is if you do blow it up for what ever reason non gen parts are available, i just rebuilt a 66 with new pot, piston and gaskets for about 80 quid or so! you cant get non gen pots for an 88/880 only piston and rings (you can for a 3120 mind)

I think the big saws seem to have a tendancy to go bang because they sit around and only get dragged out a few times a year and when they do they get run hard.

My old man has just had his 88 rebuilt and it was virtually new! my old employer has had his rebuilt 3 times...

I would rather have a 66 or 395 any how ,far more nimble and usefull saws, 120 cc saws on spikes are not fun!