Everyman Sawmill.

codlasher

Here's a fantastic old sawmill suitable for an enthusiast. Robinson were very good saws in their day.

bandsaw / sawmill | eBay

If you have the space and mechanical aptitude this will serve you well. Looking at the table it's not done that much work either.

No power feed is a minus but a hydraulic feed can soon be sorted and they were less fenickety than an electric one....

It brings back memories.

difflock, I thought of you putting it together and the smile as you cut your first log:big grin:

codlasher

Gee!

Needless to say I did look at thissun.

And,

Yes I could seriously "get the hots" for it.

Cept attempting to finish the en-suite for wor daughters 21st next Wednesday.

It certainly looked very fresh to my sawmill uneducated eye.

I was a little concerned that bits could have gone astray in the dismantling or palleting.

I would rather have seen it before it was stripped.

However could be worth a punt.

That is Codlasher, your suggestion/recommendation could be enough to tip my decision.

certainly little interest.

Marcus

Edited by difflock

I'm assuming by the 'Talked to Fred' may mean you've talked to the owner?

From the pictures that I can see;

It isn't a saw that has had a million owners and been moved & set up in a million different places so. hopefully it came apart without the aid of a gas torch....

I hope the fence has been covered as these seize if left out in the rain. They are basic needle rollers but prefer grease to rain.

Starting box/electrics haven't been sold on to someone else as these are an easily sold component. My old mate used to hang onto things like this and use them as a lever for the 'final payment'.

Motor is in ok order and again not left in the rain.

Roller carriages can stand much abuse but being cast will break if carelessly handled and are not so easy to repair.

Bottom wheel assembly and its components including the bolts that hold it onto the head-rig should all be together. Big bolts are not cheap.

Guide block assembly, top and bottom, should still be attached to the head rig. These are usually an integral part go the head rig but are not happy being bumped.....Sometimes they are a little separate component and have a roller as part of their assembly...Can't remember if this was a Guillet or Stenner thing and I've not worked closely on a Robinson.

Table is all there and this seems to be the tell tale to the work it had done.....The bars look square and not dished. Dishing shows the metal wear and indicates many, many sticks being loaded and milled.

As ever the bottom bearings will have to be checked but again if it hasn't been stood in the rain they will be ok.

The loading ramp looked integral and is useful.

You'd need to measure and make a plan of the pit so the head rig would sit on a copy. String and a bubble sets the bottom wheel to this and then the roller carriages square to this set up.

£1k is scrap value. Way better than £15k for a mobile mill!

codlasher

Edited by codlasher

Codlasher,

Per the ebay listing "Fred" is the seller.(& hopefully owner??)

(& Fred could talk two legs off an Irish donkey)

He is picking me up Sat am from Stansted.

And,

Thank you for those useful tips Codlasher.

Fingers crossed

Ps

I wisely had bought the plane tickets before I told Senior Managment

m