Incentive scheme

Treemon

Get up, get out, get earning / no work, no money, no fun = incentive enough for me and my groundie!

Guess in larger companies there are bonus schemes or trips out for the boys but from what I have gleaned from other industries who have implemented such incentives is that it breeds contempt in the work place.

Aren't we supposed to adopt an everyone is equal, work is not a competition attitude these days? :lol:

I've worked for a company which paid you 30% of the profit made every month this was split between 8-10 lads and when you get an extra £100-£500 it's a great incentive to crack on and ring the office up for more jobs once you're finished

Was discussing this with Taupotreeman. About attitude of employees, want, want, expect, expect. Their incentive as already said should be their job. I don't mean in a slave driving way.

As mentioned the competition factor doe's cause treading on toes, manipulating the best jobs etc. Whereas if the incentive is shared equally not all will put in the same effort.

Its a tough one to balance fairly, keeping all happy. Works better for small teams, a treat such as a lunch paid for now and again. Sweets handed round can create good team spirit. You only have to look at how we like going back to good customers that look after you.

A good boss readily helps out when he sees the need. A diligent employee will also do what he sees needs doing. That might be a little gift'£' when the employee have a problem or the staff staying behind to fix equipment, ready to start early next day.

We are all different, I worked for companies with incentive schemes and did not really like it, you have good days you have bad, and not all jobs are equal and such, so judging when incentive is due and to who, etc

My feeling is just find good staff and pay them a good wage and hang on to them, Amman in the industry on the tools for 15 years is worth a lot, if you beast him and he wears out that's a lot of experience lost.

No matter how much you get paid it's never enough we always want that little bit more. A bonus scheme helps that. Let's say you come out with £300 per week after tax and you don't have a bonus scheme that's all you're really getting nothing to look forward too other than the £300 per week on a Friday. Doing a bonus scheme means your employees will be happy at the end of the month when/if they get a bonus. It's a bonus so they're not relying on this money they can spend it on days out with wife and kids nights out etc. it keeps employees happy it also keeps families happy. It's a great thing to do if you can do it. Happy wives and kids makes a happy employee which then gives you more productivity.

Honestly 90% of people I've worked with couldn't care less about early finishes it only means they can sit in the house and watch tv for an extra hour.

Money makes the world go round and if it wasn't the case we'd all be sitting at home on the dole.

Another note a bad bonus scheme can backfire so you need to have a happy medium. A quick example I've subbied for a guy who was offering his guys 10% of everything they made over £1k so if they made £1100 which is £100 over the £1k mark they'd get £10 which was split between 3 guys, would you want to bust you're balls to make your boss £1100 so he can reward you with £3.33??? I'll let you decide haha