kanga loader repair/mechanic wanted advice help

GreenCoToM

hi I have a kanga kid 2216 loader for moving logs/brash with but the timing belt has snapped I have spoken to kanga and they said new engine without looking at the machine so just trying to find someone to fix it for me or some advice on getting it back working or do I need a new engine end of subject all help/advice is greatly appreciated

Well, I have just looked at the Honda GXV manual download and it tells me that the timing belt should be looked at every 300 hours and probably changed if it looks in anyway worn.

So, if it has broken I would imagine you have a lot of bent bits and bobs inside your present motor casing.......By the time this is stripped and all the parts are carefully checked over I would say you were two thirds of the way to the cost of new.

By the time all the bent parts have been ordered, fitted and matched to the present block (providing this is serviceable) you would have exceeded the cost of a new replacement.

So all in all the best thing to do would be to buy a new engine. The easy bit. Fit it to your existing Kanga. The rather more difficult bit. Sell the good bits of your old engine on eBay. The fun bit....

codlasher

Hi take cylinder head cover off and have a look.Some engines u can get away with engine belts snapping with out to much damage.Depends if there is something that will give [break] as valve is knocked by piston [rocker arm snaps instead of valves bending etc].Had belts snap on a vauxhall 17 diesel , vauxhall midi diesel were just the valve rockers needed to be replaced .

hi many thanks for all your help I now have this sorted should all be back up and running next week with a bit of help its not as bad as I first feared it has done a bit of damage but nothing to major yes it was skyhuck I have been really busy with work so left it up the corner as we all do as work has changed slightly and haven't been using it that much so I was just going to sell it but have had quite a few jobs come in that it will be useful for so decided to keep it and investigate what was actually wrong with it many thanks for all your help