Trade directories.

WoodMouse

Are you getting quality leads from either of them? To me they seem overpriced but one or two folk seem to be doing OK from them, others seem to have had nothing back for their money. I've only tried free directory entries, with very occasionally a good lead coming out from one of them. Now they (FreeIndex) has started charging before they'll release contact details for the leads, and the general quality of enquiries is simply not worth following up, I simply use them as ratings fodder for my own web site.

Leafletting has been slightly better. But the best is word of mouth. I've had some good results from that but little success in getting clients to offer a web site testimonial. They often mouth the intent but somehow never seem to find the time.

Edited by freshscaped

My expirience so far has been that once they have your money, the honeymoon period is over. Also the rating systems get abused by people filling in false reviews to cover bad jobs. I'm wondering if the money wouldn't be better spent on Google rankings or the like. Considering adding another string to my bow, not sure which direction to go yet.

Thanks Shane, yep, it's the proverbial bear pit in South London. Lots of us about, and everyones hungry for work.

You could try these :001_rolleyes:

Directory of Tree Surgeons - Arboricultural Association = circa 5.5k 'hits' per month

TrustMark Tradesmen | Government endorsed standards = circa 12.5k 'hits' per month

CHAS - The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme = 764 'CHAS Buyers' (AKA commercial clients)

not forgetting once you get ARB Approved, the others follow suit without further assessment audit (until the following year as they're annual review schemes)

...time to scarper :biggrin:

Cheers,

Paul

PS Don't overlook the value of you local parish magazines too :thumbup1:

Edited by AA Teccie (Paul)

You could try these :001_rolleyes:

Directory of Tree Surgeons - Arboricultural Association = circa 5.5k 'hits' per month

TrustMark Tradesmen | Government endorsed standards = circa 12.5k 'hits' per month

CHAS - The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme = 764 'CHAS Buyers' (AKA commercial clients)

not forgetting once you get ARB Approved, the others follow suit without further assessment audit (until the following year as they're annual review schemes)

...time to scarper :biggrin:

Cheers,

Paul

PS Don't overlook the value of you local parish magazines too :thumbup1:

Yes, put and ad in parish mag for first time this year, cost me 130 and have had about £1500 worth of work, so no complaints.

Get a good web site, get it optimised, Dont pay for google adds, when I did that for a month my click throughs were cost me £12 EACH, google said that was about par for the course.

A

Omg you can limit the cost per click to whatever you want, you must be nuts to pay anything like that!