Husky T435

josharb87

at the saw shop today, they got out a new T345 and asked for my opinions (basically trying to flog it!)

heres mine

wierd balance compared to MS200T

an inch wider, seems bulkier, but nice (?) shape for pulling through forks

seems flimsy

horrible chain brake mechanism, flimsy handle, stiff opperation

but

book price MS200T £615 ish (inc the june 9% rise)

book price T435 £420

near enough a £200 difference, which is a lot!

whats youre opinions?

now this is aparantly a new saw, so shouldnt be anything like the old husky toppers

also got them to ask husqvarna for a demo saw, and my name to be at the top of the list :thumbup:

think this is a re badged Zenoah and a bit iffy if i remember rightly, think Ed mentioned it a good few months back. Ms200 is no where near that retail more like £450 so to be honest i would stick with a 200t, at least you know what your getting.

think this is a re badged Zenoah and a bit iffy if i remember rightly, think Ed mentioned it a good few months back. Ms200 is no where near that retail more like £450 so to be honest i would stick with a 200t, at least you know what your getting.

just going on stated book price for both . .

I've used one of these. They are in no way comparable to an MS200T. They are fine for pruning fruit trees or perhaps light thinning work/pruning. Anything else and they lack the power to chase a cut thru. They are flimsy and I doubt you'd bet 6 months out of one with daily use. On the plus side..they are a bit lighter. Spend your money on the Stihl.

• 10 months later...

Got myself a T435 a few months back for my own private work, thought id take her into to work to try out on daily usage. First thing was get rid of the 14" bar and fit her with a 12". slight adjustment on the idle and then ready to rock and roll. opinions where that she was very well balanced and LOUD, definitely a screamer, felt a bit flimsy to start with but shes just so light and balanced, keep her sharpe and she cuts like a dream, yes its not up there with the 200T but for the price, I got a good little saw that cuts well. Well worth looking into if your on a budget. Ive no regrets at all. Now does anybody know where i can get her tuined up. exhaust and so on, or even can it be done? Cheers.

we have the husky top handles and stihl top handles and college.i have tried both saws and i really don't like the way is cuts compared with the stihl. so i always go for the stihl saws if i have a choice. but i do like the attachment point for the husky top handle more than the stihl. if it was my money i would save up and buy a stihl top handle:thumbup: