Husqvarna 357 XPG saw in need

Gemma

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for getting a spud'ed 357. Your Dad may well mod his own saws but if he hasn't used a ported saw at work try and persuade him to give one a try. I'd rather have a good used 357 that has been through Steves (spud) workshop than a new standard one, there really is that big a difference. Like others have said Steve may well be able to source parts needed to refresh one of your Dads old 357xpg if it's a bit tatty. More power for the same weight will help your Dad no end on site. No Steve is not paying me! He just has very good attention to detail, and produces some great saws. I've got a link somewhere to a video of two of my 357s that shows the difference between stock and one from Steve, that'll I'll post.

Edited by Andrew McEwan
typo

Try this ad as I clocked it last nite my friend £ 200 it is,hopefully it will be a good one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using arbtalk mobile app.

That's a standard XP model.... not the XPG model as mentioned earlier in the thread.

cheers, steve

Thank you. I saw that saw but someone said earlier about possibility of adding the heated rail. I am speaking to my dad tonight so can suggest all ideas as I don't have a clue about saws. Someone has been trying to source it in Poland but no luck. Think he may just have to accept that he won't get that saw.

They are a really good saw, wouldn't sell mine no matter what you offered.

I can't imagine many come up for sale, why would you, unless it was knackered or nicked?

Have you tried asking at Macgregor's in Inverness? Just incase they know of any customers who might sell

I don't live in Inverness anymore but can give them a call. Spoke to the boss last night and the consensus is is that he doesn't wasn't a 560. He has so many 357 parts that's why he doesn't want to change over. Believe me he has thousands of parts. I told him about adding the rail which he will have to do if not successful with XPG but said it can weaken something (can't remember) when added on. Now looking in Germany... The search continues! 😩