Wolf Tools

Jonesie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top stuff BUT personally I loathe the pole pruner because the circular fibreglass / plastic tube (ZMV4) wobbles like crazy whereas oval tubes are axially stiffer and don't. The locking mechanism is v good tho. All other stuff is ace but I also really rate Bahco stuff - their fork and spade pees all over anything else I've ever seen.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Good stuff, is their head office in ross-on-wye or am I thinking of someone else? Did they go bump a few years ago, again may of been someone else.

Do you credit check suppliers and customers for that matter. I have always found it can give interesting results, or negotiation value.

R

Top stuff BUT personally I loathe the pole pruner because the circular fibreglass / plastic tube (ZMV4) wobbles like crazy whereas oval tubes are axially stiffer and don't. The locking mechanism is v good tho. All other stuff is ace but I also really rate Bahco stuff - their fork and spade pees all over anything else I've ever seen.

The Silky poles I have, have been excellent - got them at the apf 3 years ago. But the pruning head didn't last 5 minutes. The Bahco poles were garbage I found, kept locking up and bent too easily, but the pruning head was great. Combined the 2 and now have a really good set, would certainly do it that way again when I need to replace.

Good stuff, is their head office in ross-on-wye or am I thinking of someone else? Did they go bump a few years ago, again may of been someone else.

Do you credit check suppliers and customers for that matter. I have always found it can give interesting results, or negotiation value.

R

Wolf tools has been passed around by different distrubitors for the past few years. It is now with Barrus and when Barrus do something they do it right, that's why I haven't taken them up until now.

I'm hoping it will be a good product for us and will be able to offer the right discounts to you guys.:thumbup:

I used some Wolf stuff for the first time today, It was awesome, Inter-changable pruner/saw and hook head, Hook came in massively useful as we were reducing holly and needed to pull quite alot of it out, Also used the brush head attachment and that was great too.

It does appear at first not to be the strongest built stuff ive ever used BUT having said that i reckon if you look after it, It will last for quite sometime