Personal protective equipment

plattsy

Yeah, my dad works in a similar field and said he finds it hard to get the stihl ear defenders tight enough to his ears and also says the husky ones just feel like they're a better/sturdier build

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yeah they certainly look better quality, looks like the Husky helmets may actually be MSA. I tried the Husky Technical helmet and the visor was amazingly bright.

Re the fit, probably better to see what fits you rather than what fits your Dad.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, the Husky Classic looks like a JSP, the Husky Functional looks like an MSA, so basically a £5-£10 helmet with a £15 logo.

I'm probably wrong by thinking this but I like the idea of reassurance from it being owned by a big name

I'm probably wrong by thinking this but I like the idea of reassurance from it being owned by a big name

In the end if you feel more confidant with a Saw manufacturer branded item of PPE go for it, no one can say your opinion is wrong.

Personally I don't like feeling ripped off, would I be? maybe, maybe not, I do have a pair of Stihl boots, the only saw brand item I own that isn't a saw.

The groundman I was cutting for today was wearing a Husky branded helmet, had a look at it and yeah it's a good tough feeling lid no doubt. :thumbup1:

My name is Carlton and I'm looking to gather a list of PPE suppliers for an article I am writing for my new blog PPE News.

It doesn't matter where they are located as I want to create a top 5 list for every area around the world.

Please let me know and ill add your favourite to the site.