Jersey

Nassau111

I'm moving to Jersey to start work at a very reputable Tree surgeon company on the Island. Does anyone know what its like to live there?

I know I should have looked into it more but the opportunity landed on my lap and have decided to jump at the opportunity.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of living in Jersey? Things to do, climate, etc?

Thanks

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1470990514.423516.jpg.ccb886dbe470fc905710a8cdcf37ac12.jpg

Lovely place to live and work I imagine. I've been there several times even had my honeymoon there. Lots to do for such a small place, climate is warm but being an island does take a battering in the winter and can be very wet. Easy to drive around but the roads can be very narrow and steep in places. Not cheap to rent and it's expensive for some goods as everything gets shipped in from the mainland. I've got a cuz who runs a H&S training company on the island. He arrived there twenty years ago and married a local! There are lots of rules of who can cant buy a house or land there. Oh and there's red squirrels everywhere!

Johno is a top bloke, i've known for years, best equipment, great yard etc, I have done business in the CI for 30 years and always find something new, its on average 5 degrees warmer all year than the south east.

Great social scene if you want it, and to suit all budgets, if you fish you will be in heaven, and on a bike you can explore more. Bet you start saying eh after sentences within 2 months eh ! Enjoy and give Johno my regards