While trying to bully Germany.....

Oakwilt

I'm on the side of America, I think America has lot to offer the world.

They sure do - Imperial aggression, an infantile geopolitical view, snatching of vital resources, totalitarian domestic control, extraordinary rendition, torture centres, bullying of other sovreign nations.

As far as I'm concerned, America has very little to offer the world.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep score:

Bush: "Mission accomplished"

Homeless vet: "they aren't treating my wounds anymore".

Take a pick, that should determine who's truthful. And to what we offer the world? How about 2/3rds of all the ozone-depleting pollution and our wonderfully talented pill-popping pop queen pregnant skanks?

The U.S. does have alot of good things to offer the rest of world.......it's just that at the moment the hateful far right Christian fundamentalists who are running this country into the ground have decided to offer us what Ed outlined in his last post. I worked for an old guy a few weeks ago who landed on both Iwo Jima and Okinawa.....I just happened to mention Bush and this old guy seriously flipped out, he actually spat on the floor. 'Don't talk to me about that arsehole....I didn't watch my friends die on those beaches so that son of a bitch can do what he's doing to my America'. And I know he's not alone in feeling like that. I've been here almost 7 years now.....and have yet to meet anybody who does have a good word to say about 'Dubya'. He has done almost irrepairable damage to the U.S. standing on the world stage. The direction that this great country is being taken in, is truly very, very frightening indeed. :scared: And what's even more frightening? The majority just lap it up.....

Thats cause your in New York state. Try Texas

I know. And I have no real desire to 'try' Texas thankyou very much. The 'Bible Belt' has no appeal to an athiest philosophical anarchist such as myself. I've heard Texas described as 'America on steroids'. Considering I struggle with America and it's blinkered outlook on the rest of the world at the best of times.....And the level of news censoreship here?????

Texas does have a lot of military-evading, right-wing Bible-thumping pedophiliac idiots, as does our nation, but someday soon they'll be rounded-up and exported to Guantanamo and just maybe, we'll have a chance to be America again.

Then we might be able to fight just wars again, using real soldiers who have honor, against certified enemies, for reasons other than our appetite for other's fuels and a select portion of our fat rich white-man's greed.

In the meantime, our poor military is having an awful time finding fools willing to die for oil, and we're having to pay for things for once instead of taking them using force - which we screw-up everytime anyway.