Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Yes, time off... holiday... are you saying that the police shouldn't have time off? Or is it just the gay police officers who shouldn't have time off?

So do you think they should be paid to attend and be part of the parade ( rather than police it ) no matter what the parade is about ?

• Like 1

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but the first image posted here was the outrage that police officers were having holidays and using that holiday time to take part in the pride marches. The questions being are police officers allowed to have holidays and can they do what they want with that time off (within the boundaries of societies norms and rules of course).

Plenty of police for example will go to a football match in their time off (and in Glasgow, that can get quite political, similarly in cities such as Liverpool or London but not quite so intense), large crowds and with an official police presence, some undercover in the crowd 'enjoying' the game as a part of their duties. You can draw a comparison. In single team cities I'd be betting that some of the official police presence enjoy watching the game, get paid for it. I'd also bet that in the pride marches if there was illegal activity the police on duty would deal with the situation there and then, they are still on duty, still working, same as if they were policing a football game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but the first image posted here was the outrage that police officers were having holidays and using that holiday time to take part in the pride marches. The questions being are police officers allowed to have holidays and can they do what they want with that time off (within the boundaries of societies norms and rules of course).

Plenty of police for example will go to a football match in their time off (and in Glasgow, that can get quite political, similarly in cities such as Liverpool or London but not quite so intense), large crowds and with an official police presence, some undercover in the crowd 'enjoying' the game as a part of their duties. You can draw a comparison. In single team cities I'd be betting that some of the official police presence enjoy watching the game, get paid for it. I'd also bet that in the pride marches if there was illegal activity the police on duty would deal with the situation there and then, they are still on duty, still working, same as if they were policing a football game.

Absolutely backpedaling garbage. 
The article was clear right from the get go. As usual you have made a bloody fool of yourself again due to your obsession. 

No back peddling at all. Refer to my original comment, I suspect that your mind is making me out to be something I am not... again.... 

And then refer to my third comment, and the fourth, and this, the 5th comment where I will question again what is the problem with police officers using their allocated time off to do as they want? Or, is it just the gay ones doing what they want with their time off that is the problem.

Entirely consistent. You are trying to make an argument out of nothing here my friend. Not happening.

('The article was clear right from the get go'... would be really handy if you could post the links to the articles instead of an image, everyone else manages to)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steven P said:

No back peddling at all. Refer to my original comment, I suspect that your mind is making me out to be something I am not... again.... 

And then refer to my third comment, and the fourth, and this, the 5th comment where I will question again what is the problem with police officers using their allocated time off to do as they want? Or, is it just the gay ones doing what they want with their time off that is the problem.

Entirely consistent. You are trying to make an argument out of nothing here my friend. Not happening.

('The article was clear right from the get go'... would be really handy if you could post the links to the articles instead of an image, everyone else manages to)

I thought the inference was they were required to go to the rally , which they would be paid for . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I thought the inference was they were required to go to the rally , which they would be paid for . 

The first picture was along the lines of anger as police officers use holidays to go to Pride marches, which was my comment and amusement. Like any job, if they are required to attend as part of their duties then they should be paid to do so.

I suspect that the images before and outrage headlines (Daily Mail and Anglican Times.... both rational publications? No Bias) hide a much wider story, set of issue and the possibility that the police officers photographed were not on duty but attending as a part of their gay sports and social scene. (Appreciating ArbTalkers are often small outfits - in larger organisations often theres organised sports and social activities and funds for all interests, whether it is sporting events (maybe a cycle or running race), or social (such as a bowling night out) - could be that the police in the photos are there as a part of their social scene and wearing their 'social' outfits - companies I have worked for often put their branding on supplied clothes as a part of sports and social funds. Who know without knowing and reading in depth the full story).

50 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Look up the articles if you so desire. You are absolutely twisting the words to try and get out of a situation you got yourself into. It was not allocated time off they were paid to attend and take part not to police the rally but to be part of it, this was crystal clear to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Any policeman can do what he wants on his own time off but if you think being paid to attend a pride rally whilst on duty is a good use of finite resources you are a fool. Police Scotland if you didn’t know stopped investigating all crimes a while back due to resource issues, but seemingly the money was found for this crap. 

IMG_9631.png

6 minutes ago, Steven P said:

The first picture was along the lines of anger as police officers use holidays to go to Pride marches, which was my comment and amusement. Like any job, if they are required to attend as part of their duties then they should be paid to do so.

I suspect that the images before and outrage headlines (Daily Mail and Anglican Times.... both rational publications? No Bias) hide a much wider story, set of issue and the possibility that the police officers photographed were not on duty but attending as a part of their gay sports and social scene. (Appreciating ArbTalkers are often small outfits - in larger organisations often theres organised sports and social activities and funds for all interests, whether it is sporting events (maybe a cycle or running race), or social (such as a bowling night out) - could be that the police in the photos are there as a part of their social scene and wearing their 'social' outfits - companies I have worked for often put their branding on supplied clothes as a part of sports and social funds. Who know without knowing and reading in depth the full story).

😂😂😂😂😂what a crock of shit 😂😂😂😂social outfits 🤷‍♂️😞