Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I'm glad you agree it's my entitlement to do what I want with my own business affairs. I don't boast about things, in fact where possible I try and send people to a decent accountant who can make sure they're not getting shafted by HMRC.

Thanks for explaining your position. 

Tell you what if he’s that good and fancies a go at kicking the arses of the agency and company directors that jumped me and 47 others send his number. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnsond said:

Tell you what if he’s that good and fancies a go at kicking the arses of the agency and company directors that jumped me and 47 others send his number. 

She's very good and you're welcome to her number. 

I think a solicitor is probably a better starting point in your circumstances.

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

You're just sore because they stopped you from bending the rules. Don't give it the high-horse.

I didn’t bend the rules mark the agency and company did to avoid employers NI as we found out later,  and to be honest the initial having to set up as ltd was more hassle than it was worth. I’m not sore at paying any tax I’m poised off that those whom put us in this situation walked away Scot free. I can easily send you Hmrc letters acknowledging we were not at fault but unfortunately the tax liability still lies with us. Same regards the e mail telling us we had to go ltd. I’ve got it all Mark after 3 years of fighting my corner. Bear in mind out of the 48 ive watched lads go to pieces Mark marriages fail and sadly in one case a good guy having his house repossessed. No high horse here Mark. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

She's very good and you're welcome to her number. 

I think a solicitor is probably a better starting point in your circumstances.

You think I’ve not tried that. You need a lot of money to take something like that to court. 

Just now, Johnsond said:

I didn’t bend the rules mark the agency and company did to avoid employers NI as we found out later,  and to be honest the initial having to set up as ltd was more hassle than it was worth. I’m not sore at paying any tax I’m poised off that those whom put us in this situation walked away Scot free. I can easily send you Hmrc letters acknowledging we were not at fault but unfortunately the tax liability still lies with us. Same regards the e mail telling us we had to go ltd. I’ve got it all Mark after 3 years of fighting my corner. Bear in mind out of the 48 ive watched lads go to pieces Mark marriages fail and sadly in one case a good guy having his house repossessed. No high horse here Mark. 

Aye, it sucks when you try and do the right things and it comes back to bite you.
I hope there's some way of getting a class-action of sorts against the people who seem to have stitched you all up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Well if you can manage to stick it on them you were workers then you must have some holiday pay due

If I won the lottery tomorrow the first thing I’d do is hire the meanest most arrogant twat barrister I could find and drag both the directors straight to court. Not for the money but to hear them at least admit what it was done for and that they knew it was wrong. 

• Like 3