Which Echo?

Gerbutt

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These do sound about right. Do you have a set? If so, can you cut through the odd thicker bit if needed?

Sorry for the late reply. I have to correct myself - the blades are double sharped. Anyway, with it's reduction ratio it goes through stuff quite easy - I've cut some branches thick as thumb while shaping some thujas. I was way more concerned to have some oil for cutters (sap-o-phobia? :) ). Didn't notice any lack of power - I think there's quite enough for a longer blade.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the late reply. I have to correct myself - the blades are double sharped. Anyway, with it's reduction ratio it goes through stuff quite easy - I've cut some branches thick as thumb while shaping some thujas. I was way more concerned to have some oil for cutters (sap-o-phobia? :) ). Didn't notice any lack of power - I think there's quite enough for a longer blade.

I've had my trimmers for a month or so now. They are great, very light, easy to start and they look nice. The only thing I'd say about them is the blades weren't very sharp when I got them. You say that they are double, not triple sharpened, well these could have done with the extra sharpen haha! What were yours like when you got them? I fear I may have got a Friday machine, there are burrs on the teeth and they don't look finished. My aldi trimmers were rubbish engine wise, but very sharp, these are excellent engine wise but like using a blunt chainsaw!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've had my trimmers for a month or so now. They are great, very light, easy to start and they look nice. The only thing I'd say about them is the blades weren't very sharp when I got them. You say that they are double, not triple sharpened, well these could have done with the extra sharpen haha! What were yours like when you got them? I fear I may have got a Friday machine, there are burrs on the teeth and they don't look finished. My aldi trimmers were rubbish engine wise, but very sharp, these are excellent engine wise but like using a blunt chainsaw!

My experience of Echo hedge trimmers is that they are super sharp and stay this way for years.

I've had four, i think.

My experience of Echo hedge trimmers is that they are super sharp and stay this way for years.

I've had four, i think.

Yeah they look like they should be in the picture Al. Friday machine are a poor show aren't they, I've a mate who bought two 372xp's at once, one was awesome and the other leaked oil from the casing and and didn't run so well, shouldn't be allowed really! On a positive note, it'll make me find someone close who good at sharpening trimmers!

Yeah they look like they should be in the picture Al. Friday machine are a poor show aren't they, I've a mate who bought two 372xp's at once, one was awesome and the other leaked oil from the casing and and didn't run so well, shouldn't be allowed really! On a positive note, it'll make me find someone close who good at sharpening trimmers!

This is very interesting. Mate and I bought a MS460 each at the same time from the same dealer some years ago. There was about 270 ish between the serial numbers. His weighed half a kilo more than mine (pho). Work that one out!

This is very interesting. Mate and I bought a MS460 each at the same time from the same dealer some years ago. There was about 270 ish between the serial numbers. His weighed half a kilo more than mine (pho). Work that one out!

That's a big difference isn't it, I wonder what it was!?!