Hypro processors/ harvesters

Id say you're bound to be close enough on the cost comparison there brushcutter. You'd need a fairly decent base tractor for that setup and I'm not sure what the max diameter you could handle with it. The Hypro 755 was mentioned earlier and here's the YouTube video for it. Not as compact as the one above but can handle the bigger stuff. I know they can be 3pt linkage carried too.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My whole business / usp is low impact forestry. Small harvester on flotation tracks, 820 size forwarder. I don't do hardwoods but I can down racks that had the matrix planted tight at 1.5m spacing. The self haulage argument is not really an argument imo. I can fell and stack a 0.7m3 stick in 30 seconds. That micro thing was taking minutes to get to grips with a <0.1 ish stick. How the hell does that pay?

Yes!! can you think of the price per tonne to harvest? Oh yes there's loads of landowners just itching to loose thousands on conifer thinning's.

A Valmet 901, JD 1070 or 1170 that's a thinning's machine anything much smaller is playing at it.

Fine if you can get paid silly money by the FC or National Trust for doing something stupid.

The hypro might work ok next to a skidder at roadside, good luck keeping the tractor front end down in the woods.

If the site isn't suitable for the machines its the wrong place for a timber crop. Get the racks right in the first place using the correct machines.

Id say you're bound to be close enough on the cost comparison there brushcutter. You'd need a fairly decent base tractor for that setup and I'm not sure what the max diameter you could handle with it. The Hypro 755 was mentioned earlier and here's the YouTube video for it. Not as compact as the one above but can handle the bigger stuff. I know they can be 3pt linkage carried too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen the set up done many ways. That one was with a baby tractor 100hp 3 cylinder job! I've seen whole Valtras converted to forest machines. They have rocking harvester cranes on and bigger heads. Most tractor harvesters i saw back in Finland were sporting Keto 51 family heads. So they would do about 15".

I like the fact that it's on a tractor so at least you can do harvesting on a machine you may already have and will be using often instead of getting g a purpose built harvester and having it sit about, also how are those of you that do timber harvesting finding work at the moment, is there a lot of work our there??

I like the fact that it's on a tractor so at least you can do harvesting on a machine you may already have and will be using often instead of getting g a purpose built harvester and having it sit about, also how are those of you that do timber harvesting finding work at the moment, is there a lot of work our there??

If you have the kit the contacts and the reputation work is out there but it's more competitive than ever before . You just have to look on Ebay to see the state of the industry more harvesters forwarders and woodland kit up for sale than ever before.

Poetry in motion.

Yep I like that set up, presume you could have a trailer on and process into it? Hand cutting Corsican pine at the moment and easy to get tonnage up on the bigger stems (25cm+) but when you hit a patch of dense sub 20cm it's really tedious.

I like the little allstors but that wee processor looked pointless.

Yep I like that set up, presume you could have a trailer on and process into it? Hand cutting Corsican pine at the moment and easy to get tonnage up on the bigger stems (25cm+) but when you hit a patch of dense sub 20cm it's really tedious.

I like the little allstors but that wee processor looked pointless.

You could, not sure why you would. Harwarding has it's place but it's better to cut it all then forward it all. Means production is constantly going also limits ground compaction.