Idea for the wood turners..

Tom D

I was thinking of getting some Indian Clubs to compliment the kettle bell training that I ought to be doing. I was looking on line and then thought why not get some made... It would be nice to have something made by an arbtalker.

Plus if you make me some prototypes and get the weights - sizes worked out there may be some money in selling these things.. Apparently they are becoming more and more popular...supposed to be really good for shoulders, wrists and elbows which is what attracted me..

Pm me if anyone fancies making me a set..

image.jpeg.c9871284a577f95bc9741186e41f1b6e.jpeg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the beauty of these Rab, I reckon they would look quite nice lying round the house...

I think the trick is not to have massive heavy ones, just sensible weights its more a joint work out than a muscle work out. I'll probably get a 1-2kg set and a 4-5 kg set. My right shoulder has a patch of numb skin on my back due to a trapped nerve somewhere and my right elbow is knackered too. Plus my wrists don't bend like they used to, I'd like to get it all moving again in a gentle-ish way..

Edit. thanks for the PM's I'll be in touch..

They are made in 1kg, 1.5kg and 3kg sets usually with lead weights in the bottom, then you can get custom ones made which are heavier and a lot wider. I have made a set before , shame the pictures are on my old hard drive which I can't recover.

well here is the first attempt.

it looks a bit more squat than it actually is, it's 18" tall by 4" wide and the handle is about 1 1/2" with a 2 1/8" knob.

weight, 2lb 9oz

Do you get batteries with it ? :biggrin:

Thats perfect! another one the same and thats the small ones done. The larger ones could be 2' long and they still wouldn't hit the floor despite my monkey arms. I found some nice big lumps of burry elm in the yard, There's also a massive lump of oak that was dead standing when we felled it, it might be dry ish, there's no shake in it maybe the big ones could be made out of that, I could rough out some 6" square lumps with a chainsaw??