not in rules nptc

colin9730

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not read this to mean people other than the company / workers involved in the job. 'people are in danger on the street'

This is what I am saying should be reported.

Nope-i dont mate.

I dont worry about "people on the street being in danger"

People are in danger every day in every day life,im not gonna lose sleep over a company thats supposedly falsley advertising they have NPTC trained staff.

Do you not read this to mean people other than the company / workers involved in the job. 'people are in danger on the street'

This is what I am saying should be reported.

Reality calling

What we have here is an unsubstantiated allegation if an activity in another country.

colin9730, If by 'people are in danger on the street' you mean the public I would say report it to whoever Gibraltar has that deals with health and safety issues. Whether they are nptc trained or not they should still be working without endangering the public.

colin9730, If by 'people are in danger on the street' you mean the public I would say report it to whoever Gibraltar has that deals with health and safety issues. Whether they are nptc trained or not they should still be working without endangering the public.

Its wrong to assume the company is dangerous just on hearsay alone

To be fair, I think what the lad is getting at is that he's paid good money to play by the rules, and others have given eBay a tenner and pretend to play by the same rules, he's not slating experienced lads who don't necessarily have tickets.

It pisses me off as well tbh, but every gyppo round here says 'Fully qualified and insured'.

Show your tickets at quotation stage and hope the customer asks the next guy. Some of them probably don't give a toss and just want the cheapest price.

Remember you choose your customers as much as they choose you.

Spot on, Mr Bolam. :thumbup1:

• 2 months later...
Don't waste your time on jealousy.

Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself

Great track....

On the point of the original post. I don't think its worth wasting your time with complaining to anyone about it.

It gets on my wick when I see companies about who blatantly cut corners and pretend to be something that they are not but if I went round reporting them all I'd waste a lot of time, plus where do you draw the line? NPTC stickers to not wearing chainsaw trousers to using a top handle with one hand on the ground with their willy out.

Everyone in this industry and every other industry does things that aren't "by the book" but if you spend your life fretting about it and dobbing people in then your only wasting your own time.

Let them make their own mistakes while you pick and choose yours. Their not the first company to not keep kit LOWLER'd and they sure as hell won't be the last.

Their are companys in gibaltar that say thay have nptc trainned personal but are not and the

Company knows that are not, but have nptc all over their work tucks and yard.

Equipment , mewp, climbing have never been lolared and know they should.

Do inform nptc ? if not who should i ?. people are in danger on the street

Colin, what you're trying to do is very worthy, BUT the important thing is that you're playing by the rules. I understand your annoyance - the situation you're describing isn't right, but don't get hung up on it. You're possibly making a lot of assumptions about this outfit; maybe the right ones, but maybe not.

If you've got something solid, then go to your local trading standards, but don't hold your breath.

It's better if you put your energy into your own business and making sure you do things the right way.

NTPC are the body who substantiate training and assessment and have no powers to enforce anything. They might be interested to know, and possibly would get behind your complaint, but Trading Standards are where you should go...

Then move on. Seriously, this is a great way to make a living but stuff like this will ruin the fun if you let it...:thumbup: