Coeliac disease

slim reaper

Apparently I,m not Coeliac.....

I had the test because I had a period when I cut out Gluten completely. Within a few days I started feeling totally different, bowel habits totally changed for the good, bloating stopped. Then after about a week I felt physically better and mentally better, more energy the lot.

I then fell of the wagon and things have slipped back to how they were. I can't understand why it has such a dramatic effect if I,m not Coeliac ??

I'd be more worried about your periods starting, surely at your age you should be going through the menopause.

One of my friends has recently been diagnosed, he was really ill for a few weeks, lost lots of weight etc. He can't have even the tiniest bit of wheat otherwise he's really ill.

Apparently I,m not Coeliac.....

I had the test because I had a period when I cut out Gluten completely. Within a few days I started feeling totally different, bowel habits totally changed for the good, bloating stopped. Then after about a week I felt physically better and mentally better, more energy the lot.

I then fell of the wagon and things have slipped back to how they were. I can't understand why it has such a dramatic effect if I,m not Coeliac ??

You could just have a gluten intolerance as I do, there's a whole spectrum of intolerance that go from mild discomfort after eating loads of bread or drinking beer to full blown coeliac. I can tolerate a bit, but I know about it!

I'd be more worried about your periods starting, surely at your age you should be going through the menopause.

One of my friends has recently been diagnosed, he was really ill for a few weeks, lost lots of weight etc. He can't have even the tiniest bit of wheat otherwise he's really ill.

Oh Peter...:lol:

Glutaime, Rencontres sans gluten, Glut'aime

This is good for a laugh if your french is any good.

I have genuine sympathy for any one who has coeliacs. That being said there are many jumping on the bandwagon and treating gluten like its arsenic or something just because its the fashion to have an intolerance.

They maybe jumping on the bandwagon, but its reckoned that up to 25% of the population has an intolerance to wheat so there maybe sound reasons why so many are cutting wheat/gluten out.