Late nights?

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have same problem at minute as the Mrs is on lates she doesn't finish til 9.30pm so usually about 10.30 before we have tea and gone midnight before get to bed, ok for her as can lay in in morning but I have to get up if does a few on the ounce I feel like crap until she is off for few days and catch up with some sleep.

Just read through the whole thread again and picked up on a couple of points. If you're not on the saw much or doing much physical work, do you need more exercise? It's important to exercise as it physically tires you out and can help relive stress. When I was at college I didn't sleep very well cos I was sat in a classroom all day and couldn't sleep at night. I realise this isn't your exact problem but if I don't do any physical work then I struggle to sleep which then makes me more tired. You may not think you have time to run walk or swim but just try it a couple evenings a week. I think this could really help.

The other thing is what Robbierasta said in the last comment. Try a super high dose of vitamin c tablets, they can help you feel better and then there is iron deficiency, which my other half suffers from, vitamin b tablets, maybe? Good luck with it, but I really recommend the exercise.

If you are close to the sea swimming in the sea is really good for you, I used to love it when I lived in Devon but can't now as I live in Wiltshire

Cheers will

Do you sleep properly?

It's not a daft question - lots (me included) suffer from sleep apnoea, which means interrupted breathing, snoring, stopping snoring then starting with a snort, all night long.

Ask your missus if you are like this, which means you just don't get the benefit of "sleep" since you are not properly asleep.

When I was first diagnosed they told me "If you are over 40, over 14 stone with a collar size of 16 or greater, it's odds on you'll have sleep apnoea to a greater or lesser extent"

I more than qualified in all criteria! I haven't been 14 stone since 1968, & my collar hasn't been less than 16 since 1964!!

Worth checking this out.

Just read through the whole thread again and picked up on a couple of points. If you're not on the saw much or doing much physical work, do you need more exercise? It's important to exercise as it physically tires you out and can help relive stress. When I was at college I didn't sleep very well cos I was sat in a classroom all day and couldn't sleep at night. I realise this isn't your exact problem but if I don't do any physical work then I struggle to sleep which then makes me more tired. You may not think you have time to run walk or swim but just try it a couple evenings a week. I think this could really help.

The other thing is what Robbierasta said in the last comment. Try a super high dose of vitamin c tablets, they can help you feel better and then there is iron deficiency, which my other half suffers from, vitamin b tablets, maybe? Good luck with it, but I really recommend the exercise.

If you are close to the sea swimming in the sea is really good for you, I used to love it when I lived in Devon but can't now as I live in Wiltshire

Cheers will

Do you sleep properly?

It's not a daft question - lots (me included) suffer from sleep apnoea, which means interrupted breathing, snoring, stopping snoring then starting with a snort, all night long.

Ask your missus if you are like this, which means you just don't get the benefit of "sleep" since you are not properly asleep.

When I was first diagnosed they told me "If you are over 40, over 14 stone with a collar size of 16 or greater, it's odds on you'll have sleep apnoea to a greater or lesser extent"

I more than qualified in all criteria! I haven't been 14 stone since 1968, & my collar hasn't been less than 16 since 1964!!

Worth checking this out.

I sleep like a log, give or take the occasional visit to the bathroom some nights.

I get minimum 40 mins brisk walk as soon as I get home; a deliberate exercise in cortisol management. Longer at weekends.

Diet wise; Wife and I eat a strict organic diet with bias on plant based, unrefined blah blah. Friday evening is treat night; Sunday permits a good roast; that's it.

It's just the one late night thing. Speaking of which... night!