New toy

Andy Collins

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there will be politics in their job that we could never understand, we would need to do their job to understand this i reckon. i suppose its like either doing thousands of 100quid connies all day every day which is easy money compared to huge tricky take downs that are few and far between, i bet they have to make money aswell for the force to justify stuff

First off Andy, sweet :thumbup: bit of a jump up from the atv logging arch :thumbup1: going into the firewood game then? of just for moving milling timber for the 090? guess it will be handy for transplanting larger trees as well,

but have you seen the state of some of the trucks on the road ? Overloaded wagons are a real hazard.

having used the canadian road system up in the mountains round Vancover, the timber lorries are a huge and regularly are involved in fatal accidents like one a week at least, i must admit i would rather have our set up than one where there a that level of fatalities

Simple - Till VOSA pull you over and ask you what justification you had for registering a HGV as agricultural.

I'm not going to labour this point, but you can register anything you like as ag - but it does'nt make it legal.

There have been quite a few tree surgeon's caught out badly, even with unimogs. If your caught hauling a load of any description, you will be in for a very nasty shock.

I know that some people think its OK and legal, and some feel that they can fly under the rader. Thats fine, It's not my place to criticise, and its not my intention.

I just want to point out the negative side of this argument, as warning to anybody who thinks its perfectly legal.

After recent events that have occured with me, i can state the above statement is absolutely CORRECT!

Anyone else thinking of turning any old truck or vehicle into an "ag vehicle", you have been warned!

You guys with Mogs are excused as they are classed as "tractors" because they have hydraulic arms or a PTO shaft.

As for andys truck he may get away with it as it has a PTO shaft, and may be passable as a "tractor"

To get ag class the vehicle has to be either a "tractor" (mentioned above), a steam engine, a light agricultural vehicle (a quad), an ag engine (a sprayer or combine). There are a couple more such as an ag lift (fork truck) but nothing significant.

As Ed says, anyone can tax anything as ag, but get pulled and you better have a good story ready!

Anything such as a landy on ag can only travel 1.6km at a time from one place of work to another.

Tommer are you getting mixed up between Highways Agency Officers patrolling the motorways and VoSA ? VOSA are usually in MPV's pulling trucks into weighbridges and service stations for inspection.

Deffo VOSA. I have described what happened to my missus before, so wont derail andy's thread any more, but to get a lorry took off the road for a missing rivet is taking the p big time, especially when the cop argued with vosa man that he was being out of order. (this was the last of four occasions when she was stopped.):thumbdown: