poplar

mdt

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes excellent firewood when dry and even better kindling. I used some ony wood burning stove last winter that had been seasoned for about 8 months off the ground and covered.

did it not spit and pop and explode

mine always has

i would not put it on an open fire

or have i not been drying it enough:blushing:

It is classed as Hardwood. Burns well, good heat, but must be split and dried properly.

If you look under the drying billets thread, you can see some beautifully split and stacked poplar billets from Davetaz.

This was felled in March I believe, split in April and May, is very wet to start with but dries pretty quick. I've been using it at home in logburner for hot water since July. No problems with it at all once it is dried/seasoned. We split into 3' billets as Ed mentioned and stack up to 6'-7' high with a cover on top to keep most of the rain off. Started to split some down in to kindling as well.

Splits easily especially when green and produces nice straight billets which makes stacking so much easier.

Saw it to size when ordered on HP Eagle Bench Saw

597654b281e60_flyer002.jpg.c0048905e82aea29edfe7694ee4004cd.jpg