FimblClimb

stewmo

Anyone else got one?

Just turned up in the post today and seems the thimbles are too small for my rope - blue tongue.

Have to really squeeze the splice to get it through and then the unique id tag won't go through. Even without the id I can't see how it would be possible to install from the ground!

Seems a ridiculous design.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1459447577.493262.jpg.82f1ebf576801beafdaa3fb6e5a2c8ef.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1459447609.527320.jpg.f35e028ba58340bcd735b4d610bb783f.jpg

Also used on the new pulleysavers as the retreival eye which I have just bought. You can get the blue tongue splice through but the ID cover is a struggle, positive is dont need to use a reteival ball

Just had to google what it was as i haven't heard of it....and found this note on treestuffs website

Important Note: the fimblCLIMB was designed for use with a SLAICED termination. Normal spliced or sewn terminations will have a difficult time fitting through the thimbles on the fimblCLIMB.

Thanks Steve. Would have been good for me to do the same before buying, but doesn't say anything about it on the FR Jones website, just assumed it would be fine.

I cut my ID/shrink wrap off and have kept a copy of the receipt which has the unique product number. Using 11.7 hedera which is basically same rope as blue tongue. Bought a teufelberger rope now though with a slaice!!!

What do think of the slaice? Looks good but pricey?

I've got one , 11.7mm poison ivy goes through great . The plastic collar on that rope looks excessive ? Great combination if you don't want complete frictionless like me ..

Can you install from ground? And yes same as you...didn't want the pulley saver so thought this would be the answer. So do you have the FimblClimb or FimbleSaver?