Level 2, level 3 qualifications. difference??

muppetlab

As the above said. L3 is A level, but GCSE is L1 and L2 depending on your grade.

It will be about the difficultly of the questions and tasks also. For example L2 may ask you to or identify something whereas L3 will go more toward describing things so more of a test of knowledge. This changes as you go up so L6 will be all about analyse and critically evaluate. These are higher order mental skills.

If you need to give more in depth answers then you need more in depth learning.

Thanks think i'll skip level three and go for level 4 then. cheers

The L4 will be pretty technical so unless you have a good basic understanding you may struggle. If you do then you will just be building on what you already know. Something like ISA cert arb would probably be ok as preparation for L4.

Education theorists call the constructivism or constructionism, I can never remember which one. I did a teaching diploma years ago and they bang on about this a lot. Going in at the deep end too early can be counter productive.

If you are looking at the ABC L2 and L4 download the rules of combination and read the learning outcomes and assessment criteria. This should give you an idea of where you are at.

Cheers and good luck

Talking about differences between NVQ /National Certificate and RFS also delivered Countryside Management.

The distinction is usually how much is assumed and drip fed, as opposed to a rational thought process - who can solve and rationalise quite complex scenarios and problems.

I am not sure how you plan on studying but if it is via distance learning or day release I don't think there is anywhere that offers level three.

There is a vast difference between level two and level four. I did my RFS (level two) after being in the industry about four years. It is a good qualification and does teach you a lot. However it is aimed at a lower level so as others have said some of the information is drip fed to you. The content is also a lot less.

With level four you have to evaluate things a lot more and go into a hell of a lot more detail. It involves critically evaluating other work and methods and rely on you going away and finding out the answers as well as looking at various research papers and standards to back up what you have said.

A lot of the level two stuff is recapped at level four but also goes into a lot more detail. For example instead of saying that the Silver birch on a planting plan is too close to the building and leaving it at that you them come up with reasons why. So this could include damage to built structures, fast growth habit of a pioneer species, pruning may be required, CODIT etc etc. The work expected of you in level four is far greater, during the academic year I've got about thirty five assignments to complete and each one varies from 4,000 - 15,000 words. I find myself working about nine hours at the weekend on the coursework and around eight hours in the week. By contrast with the level two I did around six hours at the weekend and finished within seven months, but they are flexible and you can work it around other committments.

I am glad I did my level two first off as it gives a good base from which to expand but when I was looking I couldn't find any level three courses that I could fit around work.