200T erratic running - classic symptoms?

peckerwoo

Coincidentally micks last post on the 23rd of february was when i also handed this 200t into a local "stihl partner",,,and its "stihl" awaiting a fix!!?!! :(

Usual blurb such as "parts arrived next on the list" "its going to be looked at next" "the guys dealing with it now" all go through my ears with dismay.

49 days down the line and now i've built a cluster of "flavellas" for processing logs, as i cant do much else workwise, then this has literally forced me to live & eat in 'em due to minimal earnings?

But if anyone could offer advice should i find myself in this situ again (i pray not!) then when a saw starts to run hot, what are the basic maintenance steps one could carry out?

I always look after my kit, clean, oil, replace consumables etc but this last episode has me stumped but ive never seen so much as a cylinders innards or crank etc so simply cannot carry out my own repairs? despite having use of a workshop.

Zero funds for a new below-performing t540 or 201,(compared to a 200 anyway?) so when your local dealers fix time goes into months then what other avenue would you guys go down?

Not wishing to appear negative but i see the sun setting on my arb work & means to live off?,,,& not much in the way of spring warmth on the cards? :(

Regs, vic meldrew.

Chin up. Take it away from whoever is supposed to be repairing it and give it to someone decent. Sometimes when things go a bit bad then little problems like this seem much worse than they really are.

I didn't really like to push but if you had sent in in to me, you would have had around 35 days of work out of your now reliable saw
etc,

Having assumed you were "pulled out with jobs" (old post quotes nonetheless?) then i'm not one for imposing myself & my needs on others too much spud? else i would not have hesitated & requested your help as i am in awe of your knowledge & know how!

We live & we learn :/, some more, some less than others.

Chin up. Take it away from whoever is supposed to be repairing it and give it to someone decent. Sometimes when things go a bit bad then little problems like this seem much worse than they really are.

Thank you for your support TF :) but ive little faith left with anyone in my "kneck o the woods" whos "decent" :(

Once i get a report back, (if the fix actually takes place before the 2nd coming of christ?) i'll put the findings here for interest & if anyone cares to add their take on it all?

etc,

Having assumed you were "pulled out with jobs" (old post quotes nonetheless?) then i'm not one for imposing myself & my needs on others too much spud? else i would not have hesitated & requested your help as i am in awe of your knowledge & know how!

We live & we learn :/, some more, some less than others.

Thank you for your support TF :) but ive little faith left with anyone in my "kneck o the woods" whos "decent" :(

Once i get a report back, (if the fix actually takes place before the 2nd coming of christ?) i'll put the findings here for interest & if anyone cares to add their take on it all?

Yeah, two weeks solid work and I have pretty much cleared the backlog. Just finishing off much of what I have in and will hopefully have a bit more time to myself next week.

If you get stuck, don't work about asking me, I can always say "no" or "laters" :thumbup:

Sounds like a rookie learning that any reputable arborist has a backup saw ready to rock at any given moment to me!

Always be ready with plan B when excrement inevitably hits the proverbial fan?

Learned that many decades ago as the price of doing business professionally in the 70's.

Jomoco

Sounds like a rookie learning that any reputable arborist has a backup saw ready to rock at any given moment to me!

Always be ready with plan B when excrement inevitably hits the proverbial fan?

Learned that many decades ago as the price of doing business professionally in the 70's.

Jomoco

Well I didn't like to say, but you're right Jon.

Pick up a second hand echo or something to keep the money coming in.

Fortune favours the well prepared.