Company logos, ideas and advice.

Thesnarlingbadger

• 6 months later...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thesnarlingbadger, I disagree with Steve. An eye catching brand is important as in the beginning of a new venture it's the first face a potential customer will judge you on.

Take your time to get it right. It doesn't have to cost a lot at all and you can come up with something good with font work. I designed the Gardenscape logo in illustrator with some simple tweeks to a font. There are two versions, the letter "g" is used across social media and online, and the full version I use on my fliers where there is more space to play with.

If you can get your hands on illustrator or I design you can get something made up and you will also have a true vector format that ideally you want when printing material and vehicle signage, etc. Photoshop is not for logo design and has a steeper leaning curve than illustrator and indesign.

Edited by Gardenscape

Thanks to everyone's reply on this. Only just realised the tread re-opened. In the end I went on a logo website and brought one for about £20 that I can change all I want. Then I downloaded the free trial of Adobe illustrator and changed it to my liking. I think light green on black suits my needs so I went for that. Here is a pic of it on one of my flyers I had made up.

The next thing is to blow it up and get it on the sides of the wagon. I assume this is pretty straight forward, just going in with a dongle with the logo on and get the printers to do there techie stuff.

Once again I appreciate all the input on the matter. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1471803367.247342.jpg.1c57c977437c6176320421d3de51a98f.jpg

Thanks to everyone's reply on this. Only just realised the tread re-opened. In the end I went on a logo website and brought one for about £20 that I can change all I want. Then I downloaded the free trial of Adobe illustrator and changed it to my liking. I think light green on black suits my needs so I went for that. Here is a pic of it on one of my flyers I had made up.

The next thing is to blow it up and get it on the sides of the wagon. I assume this is pretty straight forward, just going in with a dongle with the logo on and get the printers to do there techie stuff.

Once again I appreciate all the input on the matter. [ATTACH]210208[/ATTACH]

That's looking smart dude. That will do fine. As for signage, just got for vinyl and they usually require a vector format such as .eps which you can export in illustrator. Just make sure You convert your type to outlined before you export. Select the text, from the top menu bar click type>Create outlines.

That's looking smart dude. That will do fine. As for signage, just got for vinyl and they usually require a vector format such as .eps which you can export in illustrator. Just make sure You convert your type to outlined before you export. Select the text, from the top menu bar click type>Create outlines.

Ahh cheers for that. Yeah the logo is a vector but I would not have known to convert it to outlined etc. I'm not to savvy with all that computer jazz.