Husqvarna 555

case mx270

Out of saws i use/own its the one i reach for least, prefer 351, 357, 372.

Just doesnt seem to ever settle into work and always smokes most on startup.

Same person maintaining, mixing fuel etc so fairly consistent if any bad practises would be accross all the saws i guess.

Some folks do love them though, maybe i am just fussy and not modern enough in saws. It is light though!

How long have you run one ? Is it a auto tune carb ?Thanks

I've had my 555 since May June ish 2013.... yes it's auto tune.

the base gasket went and was leaking chain oil, that got replaced under warranty and the oil pump stopped working, that's the only major problems I had with it apart from the usual AV springs and clutch and drum problems.... my 560 how ever is 2 year old and has been fully rebuilt twice as bearings went, oil pump went, and a faulty carb meant it want picking up quick enough.

I love the saws though, just Husqvarna need to sort the stupid reliability problems out!!

I've had my 555 since May June ish 2013.... yes it's auto tune.

the base gasket went and was leaking chain oil, that got replaced under warranty and the oil pump stopped working, that's the only major problems I had with it apart from the usual AV springs and clutch and drum problems.... my 560 how ever is 2 year old and has been fully rebuilt twice as bearings went, oil pump went, and a faulty carb meant it want picking up quick enough.

I love the saws though, just Husqvarna need to sort the stupid reliability problems out!!

Thanks

The 555 is the same design as the 560. The main difference is the 555 does not have the crank stuffers fitted. The crank stuffers are what gives the 560XP its "rev boost" decreasing crankcase volume gives slightly better acceleration.

The ignition coil is different internally and so is the autotune unit. The carb is exactly the same but the autotune module runs different firmware to suit the engine.

They are a very robust saw with not as many issues as the 560. They run cooler for a start

The 555 is the same design as the 560. The main difference is the 555 does not have the crank stuffers fitted. The crank stuffers are what gives the 560XP its "rev boost" decreasing crankcase volume gives slightly better acceleration.

The ignition coil is different internally and so is the autotune unit. The carb is exactly the same but the autotune module runs different firmware to suit the engine.

They are a very robust saw with not as many issues as the 560. They run cooler for a start

very interesting info there..... I defo agree these saws all run hot.... muffler mod needed on them all!