Stump Grinding Golf Courses

Stefan Palokangas

Never mind driving a tracked grinder across a golf course.

What about...

Being 14 and riding your BMX across golf courses on moonlit nights, jumping bunkers and doing skids on the holes...

I was not always a very good boy...

Ty

Pretty sure the statue of limitations do not exist for vandals of golf courses, better turn yourself in now while you still can.

easy-lift guy

Golf course reminds me when I was young, perhaps 10 years old, and it was this bay where golfers shoot over the water and almost all hit the water, I was diving there all summers to make money. learned that men went for the make and womans went fore the bright balls. it was this bunch of guys stole golf balls of me, I pointed the finger to them paddling out in the lake in my... what ever it's named in English, boat thingby. they shooting balls at me and I went back with my Husqvarna 125 and made the 18th hole a potato field !!!

Had a golf course ask me to take out 40+ stumps but I had to assure them that I would only use a wheeled grinder. Seems they had a guy with a tracked machine some years ago and it did too much damage so they had been accumulating stumps since.

Only conditions applied were keep off the greens and stop work to allow golfers to play nearby.

Watch out, you do seem to become a target!!!

Whist working at Royal lytham, I once had a mate hit on the head by a golf ball. One of the funniest things I ever saw. golfer came up and wasn't a bit concerned about his head, but wondered if he saw where his ball had gone after it hit his head. At the time, blood was pouring from his head and dripping off his chin. Hit him just above the eye. He had a helmet on, but visor was up