Small chipper

njc110381

Hi guys.

I'm in the position now to seriously consider buying a small chipper. I'm looking at the Greenmech CS100, Jo-Beau M300 and also the GTM...

The GTM seems to be much better priced and would be easier to afford. But will it last? If I go for one of the others I'll have to buy used, but even that seems dear. My local Greenmech dealer is selling a CS100 and trailer, but he wants £5080+vat! That's (considerably) more than I paid for my pickup!

I know there's no point in buying junk and may just have to get over it. What sort of prices have you chaps paid for this sort of kit recently? Is the £5k+ a reasonable one?:confused1:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're set on buying new then the Greenmech is probably the way to go (although seen a few up for sale on Facebook groups recently) or for the same money you could get a used roller fed machine, but then that's got the risks involved in used stuff (personally that's what I've done and have spent a little on my chipper but works great)

Most of my uses would be for a narrow access type machine. I'm more a gardener than full time arb and getting it into gardens would be helpful.

I have an Entec Trukloder at the moment but for it's size I could have one of these little machines on a trailer and that would do the same job, whilst allowing me to wheel it round if needed.

I'm tempted by a finance deal but I'm not a fan of interest!

i bought a cs 100 2 years ago from orange plant who were very helpful on %0 interest. i do gardens and arb work. i am so pleased with it, i can get it into gardens as its small enough. it will do conifer or privite.

it really is a top machine, i can't recommend it enough.

give me a call if you want to have a chat about it, it was a big decision for me so i know what you are thinking.

steve

I should add that price for the Greenmech was a used machine!

I think, looking at the specs, that a Jo-Beau could be a better bet. It's 75kg lighter than the Greenmech. 120kg is a much easier two man lift than 195kg!

Edit... I missed the last couple of replies whilst typing.

The Arblease thing is tempting, and that sort of payment would be easy enough. I spend more than that on curry!

Edited by njc110381

I should add that price for the Greenmech was a used machine!

I think, looking at the specs, that a Jo-Beau could be a better bet. It's 75kg lighter than the Greenmech. 120kg is a much easier two man lift than 195kg!

Edit... I missed the last couple of replies whilst typing.

The Arblease thing is tempting, and that sort of payment would be easy enough. I spend more than that on curry!

The M300 is 145kg, not 120kg, should weight be a major issue. But I drag mine up ramps onto a pickup so it's still feasible. I couldn't do the same with a CS100.

I thought as much! What should I be looking to pay for a well used but not ruined machine?

There was a guy selling one with a trailer (not the official one) for 3k on Facebook recently but that's down in Cornwall, if you use Facebook at all there's a few selling groups if you ask what you're after you'll get responses as I saw two people last night alone with cs100s for sale mention it in a thread