What is it about ebayers?

flatyre

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks quick recap, sold this saw complete and in perfect working order, buyer started asking all sorts of questions about the chain pitch, number of drive links etc before the auction even ended. From his messages he clearly know a lot about chainsaws but was happy to pay over the odds for an ms250. When he got the saw he said it was poorly packed (total rubbish, I make sure they're well packed) and sent a grainy image of a blurred cardboard box with the corner open, and the almost new bar and new chain had fallen out, and the petrol tank was cracked from an old repair using superglue. I totally rebuilt that saw two weeks previously and the tank had never been repaired nor needed repaired. Anyway he demanded a refund which I refused as it was clear that a lot of thing weren't adding up. he opened a case with ebay who ruled that he was to get his money back and I was to get my saw back, as ebay put it 'everyone is back to square one. I said I didn't want the saw as it was clearly not in the same condition I sent it in, and to send a complete ms250 in full working order, as that would be fair. Weeks after he got his full refund I have still not received whats left of my saw, this is a transcript of the messages, mine in green. You have to read from the bottom of the post up.

Can I open an ebay case to have the original winning bid amount paid to me as he has his money and my saw and I have nowt as Hermes say there was no damage incurred while the parcel was in their possession, which I would agree with.

New message from: matilav (1,143Red Star)

I am having it repaired, new crank-case, New bar, chain guide, sprocket cover etc.

If there is any cash left to cover the cost of postage when it's all done, I could send you the scrap bits.

I assume that you have already claimed against the courier in any case?

Leave Feedback

Your previous message

Hi have you sent whats left of my saw yet?

matilav:

No,

you didn't give it to me.

You refused to have it returned, (over a fortnight ago)!

Your previous message

Hi do you have my address for returning whats left of the saw?

matilav:

I need resolution on this.

I was willing to carryout the repairs/replacements, (as per earlier messages).

If you are not willing or able to claim against the courier then the Item must be returned.

The estimate for replacements was based on items posted on Ebay at the time, which may no longer be available.

Please make a decision on this without delay.

Your previous message

Well that is not what I sent.

matilav:

That is just not going to be possible.

You have the pictures!

I only have what was delivered.

Your previous message

I'm sorry if you are unhappy with the saw, it was complete and in perfect working order when I packaged it. I have bought and sold a number of chainsaws on ebay, all have been packed exactly the same way and all reached their destination without damage. I am not happy that the transfer of cash has been withdrawn. As for returning the saw, I sent a complete saw in perfect working order and that is what I expect returned

matilav:

If no reply by 10:30 tomorrow negative feedback will be left.

This stinks

Firstly, if saw was damaged on delivery, did he sign as such, check POD

Then he is using feedback extortion in that he is threatening neg feedback, big no no

He must return saw using Ebay returns proceedure so I would ring Ebay, explain situation and send then a scan of POD showing no damage, they should refund you and bearing in mind his feedback threat, remove that if left. He cannot repair saw unless you agree

In future sell the saw on a classified , use paypal if you must , but there is no commission and you have to speak to buyer, get a chance to sound them out

Edited by harrythecat178

This stinks

Firstly, if saw was damaged on delivery, did he sign as such, check POD

Then he is using feedback extortion in that he is threatening neg feedback, big no no

He must return saw using Ebay returns proceedure so I would ring Ebay, explain situation and send then a scan of POD showing no damage, they should refund you and bearing in mind his feedback threat, remove that if left. He cannot repair saw unless you agree

In future sell the saw on a classified , use paypal if you must , but there is no commission and you have to speak to buyer, get a chance to sound them out

Complete mickey taker and prob done all this before and got away with it. In his mind he keeps your saw for free and you claim the cost of the damage thro the courier. So in his eyes no one loses but the courier....