on site communication (two ways)

Charlieh

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ptt would be better mounted on the rim of the helmet somewhere,i wire down the sleeve may be a PITA and in the summer mostly wear t-shirts so it wouldn't work at all

Fair point there birchboy, Hmmm we'll get there! So we need summer gear and winter gear now! :heeeelllllooooo: i never said it was brilliant, just trying things out.

• 9 months later...
Ok so the cable runs down the sleeve ok, not too short, with the ptt on the wrist. The ear pads sit back in the ear defender so no unnecessary pressure on the ear, and the boom mike picks up the sound ok. Cant use the Vox as I think the noise of the saw will trigger it, but I'll test that tomorow. If it doesnt rain snow hail too much I might even do a test climb with it to iron any glitches

hi andy

how is you system working. looking to try to get a system similar.where did u get it from?

any one else got systems they recommend that dont break the bank.

I need the best I can get for working in the mountains. Just tried out some Kenwoods, £200 for each handset - and the range still is no where near good enough. anybody got any recomendations?

my bluetooth are excellent, but the range is 200m. i dont know if that is enough. you can have a conversation no bother if someone is feeding chipper and other is working saw. really clear and it muffles out all other noises.:001_smile: