Fed up with Stihl and looking at Efco

Radleyjim

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an Efco 147 (same as 152, but less cc) in the workshop at the moment that I've been using on firewood. It's light and torquey; I like it. It's a farmer's saw really. The 152 would be worth the extra money.

I've fixed and used 156s and they're great in an old skool way. Heavier than the current crop (and the 152), but nicely built and good to work on. Very much like Husky 254 and 262 is the 156 and 162.

Spares seem far easier to get than they used to be.

The MT range is supposed to be bobbins, but I don't know.

Thanks for he info. Would probably be MT range if I have to get Efco.

O ok...when I ring stihl uk and mention your name then they should fix it or send me a brand new one straight away...cheers Jon...you the man:congrats:

Good luck with that then...

I sometimes wonder if some of these manufacturers have heard of the internet, along with various forums heaving with mal content about their not as reliable as they used to be products.

Cant say Stihl is on my wish list unless Jon got fed up with his 660, Ive heard he loves ot help people out...:biggrin:

N

Radley, get in touch with shavey (on here), he can get you a new dolmar, or if you want, he will get you a 2nd hand saw. I know he has also dealt with efco saws in the past.

He's top notch to deal with, and a top bloke.

H.

Already in touch and can already tell that he is a top bloke.