stump grinder teeth

64treefrog

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to... get the diamond disk blade as mentioned above. To sharpen quite often, as someone the other week said, metal tools on wood must always be sharp!

Then you need to talk to these guys who are brilliant and really cheap.

Stump Grinder | Stump Cutter |

You want to be getting (probably) the Vermeer Pro which will fit where a finger tooth will, but they don't break due to their meatiness factor.

You can also get a power inverter and a very long extension lead so you can sharpen in the field from you car/van.

Also don't let the teeth get too filed down as they loose their ability to cut and of course angle the tooth so you have a leading edge, if you see what I mean.

Good luck and don't f... it up.

redmoose, thanks for the reply.

good link.

I use a cordless angle grinder fitted with diamond disc to do in field sharpening (like to keep teeth SHARP), in the workshop use a green grit wheel to sharpen and send them off to have them machine sharpened. I have learnt over the last 25 yrs of stump grinding to keep the teeth really sharp. I find that you cannot get them as good as a machine shop !

had hoped to get a post with the name of a sharpener.

Have found a machine shop in Dewsbury who may be able to do the work at a good price, will try them.

Other than that QRMS prices probably make sense to replace instead, just hate waste!