Another first bench/seat

davetaz

cheers for that, how much would a bench like that be sold for, any ideas?

Excellent job there mate. Would have thought £100.00 would be reasonable.

Have just placed an order for my Alaskan Mill with Rob D. So watch this space.

Just need some wood now as everything in my yard has been logged!

If all you used to do those joints was a chainsaw then that's impressive...:thumbup1: My joints are no where near as tight as that using the right tools... :lol:

As for 'what's it worth' the more furniture I've made the more I realise it's worth what someone will pay for it... but I'd say at least £120-00. No doubt if it's in the right shop then it would have a £280-00 price tag..

Nice work.

Made the whole thing with my trusty 12-13 year old Husky 42 Special in about 2hours including a bit of belt sanding to finish the surface. Timber is all elm felled the week before although it died about 4-5 years ago. Sliced the top off free-hand so it retained a bit of an un-even surface to keep the rustic look. Made the mortices slightly wedge shaped (wider at bottom) and made the tenons same, kept removing small amounts until about 50% pushed in by hand and then used large rubber flagging mall to thump it in and through with about an inch sticking out - trimmed it off, job done! I used one thick leg at one end and a sturdy fork at the other to give it plenty stability, wouldn't want to move it around too often though

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone, I'm feeling encouraged at making some other bits when I get the chance