Day 3/4 after the chipper has been stolen

Gardiners Tree Surgery

Cheers div_h

Hoping to make a few people laugh at the situation as that's the way I'm dealing with it.plus that's kinda my sense of humour

Plus what's the point in sitting and dwelling hey.

Cheers mate

No point mate, pick yourself up and charge on :thumbup:

Having been there myself with the loss of a lot of equipment I know exactly what you are going through at the moment. Its amazing how useless the police are when there is little chance of catching the crims. Unless they are on site still they rarely turn out of their office and even then only if accompanied by a dog or tazer unit. After the event it took three phone calls to get them to come out and take the statement on the same day and wasnt until that afternoon did the soco come out and check for fingerprints, which was pointless it turned out as they wore gloves.

The insurance team at Trust were, and continue to be, fantastic and took care of the claim very quickly. It took longer for me to find the invoices for the equipment than it did to fill out the forms, with a pen and many cups of coffee!

I guess if you wanted to read the rest then see the thread here:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/members-only/76717-picking-up-pieces.html

Lessons learned, better security, cameras (for recording evidence if the deterrent fails), keep copies of the invoices for all equipment in a sh*t hits the fan folder for ease of access and above all praise those nice chaps at Trust insurance for being there and continuing to be.

It's not good, got done over about twelve years ago, twice in 6 months, they didn't get anything second time as was under insured the first time by a long way so hadn't replaced much stuff, brother got his van done 2 nights ago, apparently is someone going round the area with a transit master key so can just let themselves especially in and help themselves to what the y want